SPWAW 8.00 & 8.01 makes my comp. mad (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW

Chairman -> SPWAW 8.00 & 8.01 makes my comp. mad (4/7/2004 5:36:36 PM)

When I starts a game in any above my computer shows 100% processor usage, I get a lot of laggs, why??[&:]

I got an P4: 2.2MHz, 1 gigabyte of RAM and uses XP.

plloyd -> RE: SPWAW 8.00 & 8.01 makes my comp. mad (4/8/2004 4:56:57 PM)

Did you try the quickstart? Whenever I had problems, it was with the video sequence in the regular startup. You can do the quicksart manually by running mech.exe in the SP directory. Systemwise, you are more than adequate. I run one of my copies on a 120Mhz with 73Mb RAM. Try the quickstart.

Major_Johnson -> RE: SPWAW 8.00 & 8.01 makes my comp. mad (4/22/2004 9:22:45 PM)

You might try uninstalling and reinstalling the game.

Voriax -> RE: SPWAW 8.00 & 8.01 makes my comp. mad (4/23/2004 1:29:34 AM)

SPWAW will use all available CPU time, if possible. As I just mentioned elsewhere for example if seti@home is running simultaneously then it SPWAW only uses couple %. So it doesn't need the whole cpu but if it can it will grab everything [:-]
Running from mech.exe often helps, dunno what else could cause that.
Btw, doesn't P4 have some kind of built-in throttling system? So if it begins to heat up from 100% load it'll automatically slow down?

Voriax

minefield -> RE: SPWAW 8.00 & 8.01 makes my comp. mad (4/23/2004 5:02:49 PM)

Because SPWAW is based on a DOS program, it doesn't handle its resources well in Windows. As Voriax stated, it will always try to use all the resources it can. If you have a laptop, you should set your power settings so that they can't change. Set them at something nice and cool.

If you want to throttle down your PC, then I suggest the program throttle, a freeware program that uses the power saving features in your computer to slow down your processor.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI