Which MC? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW

Jamminji -> Which MC? (4/14/2004 3:04:47 AM)

Hi Everyone... I am low on funds and can only get one Mega-Campaign

If you could only get one which would you get?

I would make a poll but I don't know how...lol

Thanks

jam

Jim1954 -> RE: Which MC? (4/14/2004 3:33:05 AM)

Well, what's your interests? Do you prefer infantry fights. armor fights or a little of both?
By far the longest is Lost Victories. By FAR!

Jamminji -> RE: Which MC? (4/14/2004 5:40:36 AM)

Hmm... well actually I was looking at it from an overall general way... IE playability, compleatness, how much it draws you in, story line, etc.

I like any good battle/campaign if it is done well and has few if any bugs/complications.

If I had to choose a type I would say combined arms, but I would think that would depend on the individual battles.

jam

M4Jess -> RE: Which MC? (4/14/2004 5:51:46 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jamminji

Hmm... well actually I was looking at it from an overall general way... IE playability, compleatness, how much it draws you in, story line, etc.

I like any good battle/campaign if it is done well and has few if any bugs/complications.

If I had to choose a type I would say combined arms, but I would think that would depend on the individual battles.

jam

IMO go with MCSE, it has everything you are looking for,

The rest of the MCs are great, all of them, but MCSE is fast play, puts you right into the action and you still get to play with the Tanks, and at the end...you get to drop on Berlin!

Go for MCSE

and when you are ready..

get them all!

Jess

Jim1954 -> RE: Which MC? (4/14/2004 4:15:57 PM)

Jammanji, if you are looking for the most polished ones, I also would suggest MCSE. Just watch Band of Brothers on the History channel this week and you'll be all revved up for it.
[:D]

Orzel Bialy -> RE: Which MC? (4/14/2004 6:32:52 PM)

MCSE...not to say that the others aren't fun or as good in their own rights...but MCSE plays fast and furious and doesn't overwhelm and tire you out with as many units.

It had the benefit of being designed with what was "learned from the others" and then created in the very novel way that allows you to play it more than once as different units...which is a big plus for the re-playibility factor. It just ends up more bang for the buck. [;)]

teck -> RE: Which MC? (4/17/2004 2:05:02 AM)

if you are looking for big battles Lost Victories small battles SCE both are great

Kizardvexius -> RE: Which MC? (8/19/2004 6:08:53 PM)

But for large battles with strong and very mobile group just go straight on with desert fox.

rrockw -> RE: Which MC? (8/19/2004 7:31:22 PM)

I started the LV MegaCampaign and I'm really enjoying it.

Rich

KG Erwin -> RE: Which MC? (8/19/2004 8:22:01 PM)

I agree that Screaming Eagles would be the best bet, for several reasons (besides the banner in my signature [;)] ): the multiple threads for different regiments, the fact that it was designed for 8.0 (and later), and the amount of historical info that accompanies it.

SSBlick -> RE: Which MC? (8/21/2004 12:16:41 AM)

I haven't played Desert Fox so can't comment on that. I've enjoyed all of the other 3. One issue with Screaming Eagles is that some have had problems with the game booting you to desktop or error messages on trying to restart. I had this and needed to save the saved game folders manually so I wouldn't have to restart. That sort of detracted from the whole experience. I haven't had that problem with the other 2. I find the story line of Lost Victories to be the most compelling of the 3 I've played. Watchtower is pretty much all infantry so if you like armour you may be disapointed there.

Wild Bill -> RE: Which MC? (8/24/2004 11:18:00 PM)

Having designed 3 of the Mega Campaigns and participated in the preparation of the fourth, its very hard for me to pick a favorite.

Each has its own appeal. MC-SE was the last of the four to be done. I was able to do it with quite a bit of experience under my belt after MC-NA and MC-Watchtower. I also had as with the other two, a top-notch team of designers, testers and writers.

Which theater of war do you prefer? What kind of battles do you like? Do you prefer a mix, armor heavy, or infantry heavy?

I'll step out on that proverbial limb and hope I'm not sawing it off by saying this.

MC-SE has these qualities that I like...

1. Variety..you'll have every type of battle you can imagine and some that you can't.
2. Playability..you can play through this one four times without every repeating a battle.
3. Size...Most of the battles are the smaller size, but that does not take away from their impact or surprise. At least you don't get bogged down in scenarios that can take many days to complete.
4. Information...one of the most thoroughly researched and annotated Mega Campaigns to be produced. We even talked with some WW2 Eagle Vets for first hand info.

If I were starting, this would be my first choice.

Wild Bill

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI