Praise Lars Remmen for... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Stirling -> Praise Lars Remmen for... (10/30/2001 6:15:00 PM)

...his word counts. Lars,
I received the cd with sp:waw you sent to me yesterday. I don't have to insist any longer on how glad I am. Never been checking my mailbox that often... Respect, François Which leads me to my first question: How do you stack units? [ October 30, 2001: Message edited by: Stirling ]

Mikimoto -> (10/30/2001 6:26:00 PM)

quote:

Originally posted by Stirling:
[QBWhich leads me to my first question: How do you stack units?[/QB]
Hi Stirling. You must select the unit you want to move.
You must press the shift key.
you must click on the target hex.
Hope this help.

Wild Bill -> (10/31/2001 7:37:00 AM)

Lars is a long term SP gamer with a heart of gold. It has always been good to work with him! He was a big help with MC-Watchtower! Wild Bill

Lars Remmen -> (10/31/2001 12:24:00 PM)

quote:

Originally posted by Wild Bill:
Lars is a long term SP gamer with a heart of gold.
Bill, Can you please tell this to the kids I teach Anyway it is good to hear that the CD's are finally arriving. Regards, Lars

Stirling -> (10/31/2001 3:27:00 PM)

Well,
it just feels as if I just discovered a "homely place" on the internet... Back to the game: Most of the time, when lotsa friendly units are involved, I tend to forget some. Any hint on avoiding this? Also, when I stack units, how do I get to know which units are there (besides by dragging the cursor over different parts of the hex)? Thanks for all, Stirling

tracer -> (10/31/2001 8:22:00 PM)

quote:

Back to the game: Most of the time, when lotsa friendly units are involved, I tend to forget some. Any hint on avoiding this? Also, when I stack units, how do I get to know which units are there (besides by dragging the cursor over different parts of the hex)? Thanks for all, Stirling

Here's two ways I use to make sure I haven't overlooked any of my units in a large scenario: hit the 'go to the unit menu' button and look at the 'shots' and 'moves' columns to spot units that haven't been used in the turn; or second, start with the A0 unit and then click 'go to next unit' (or hit the N key) to cycle thru your whole force.

skukko -> (10/31/2001 9:24:00 PM)

Don't stack units. You get fresh men killed with it. mosh

Stirling -> (11/7/2001 9:25:00 PM)

quote:

Don't stack units. You get fresh men killed with it.
mosh

please explain that a little better... Stirling

lnp4668 -> (11/8/2001 12:40:00 AM)

quote:

please explain that a little better... Stirling
When more than one units stack up in the same hex, a shot may miss one unit, then hit the other one. Just thinks of shooting inside a crowded room is more likely to hit some one than shooting in an empty room.

Stirling -> (11/8/2001 5:49:00 PM)

Well,
with what you said, I thought there was some form of game issue when stacking...the rest is so obvious.
Anyhow any help and tips are darn needed here...but I managed to beat the Italians at Kufra!
While I had at least double the points of the Italians (F~2000/I~850), the result was a Draw- believe me, it felt like victory. Stirling

Stirling -> (11/8/2001 6:01:00 PM)

In the same sense, I'd be so obliged if anybody could point out those scens and camps that are conveniently small on the unit side, last more than one battle and are not too hard. After my first success at Kufra, I started the Stalingrad Campaign...the Red had his reinforcements land right into my flanking manoeuvre-annihilating itself, my 2 armored platoons and Rifle Co + Eng., loaded on halftracks.

Pretty frustrating, to be literally stopped right in your tracks at the beginning of an offensive where you are supposed to be "rolling". Maybe I got it all wrong and was suddenly beamed to Kursk... Stirling [ November 08, 2001: Message edited by: Stirling ]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI