Is this a Bug?(Fast Transports) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support

Gen.Hoepner -> Is this a Bug?(Fast Transports) (4/20/2004 12:26:41 PM)

Hi all,

i tried to search in the forum about that but i didn't find anything helpful,probably due to the reset that occurred few months ago.
My problem is concerning Fast transport.
I tend to use this form of transport very often.I never had problems with it in these months.Today,while playin my long scen 19 camp(Allied side),i noticed that the fast trasport system is screw up.I'm sending troops to lunga which is sieged by enemy air and naval forces.My DD fast transport TF(which has operated very well in the last month of operations) since one day has decided to go crazy.This means that it arrives at lunga early inthe morning and exposes itself to a all day long air attack by nasty betties and nells.This has happened 3 times in a row.....nothing (mines,sub attacks etc) has slowed down his speed during the searoute.
Is there an explanation for this?

Thanks in advance

DoomedMantis -> RE: Is this a Bug?(Fast Transports) (4/20/2004 1:14:28 PM)

have you changed the place of origin? also what is the fuel condition of the FT, if its stopping to refuel enroute this might be an issue

fcooke -> RE: Is this a Bug?(Fast Transports) (4/30/2004 3:34:18 PM)

If you have friendly CAP at the destination base then FT TFs will tend to stay there during the day. This might even happen just if you have fighters at the base (they don't have to be flying....)

AmiralLaurent -> RE: Is this a Bug?(Fast Transports) (4/30/2004 3:46:03 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: fcooke

If you have friendly CAP at the destination base then FT TFs will tend to stay there during the day. This might even happen just if you have fighters at the base (they don't have to be flying....)

Agree 100%, this henomenon is exactly the same in PM in May 1942. So my rule is: if you have not enough (good) fighters to have local supremacy, it's better to have none at all, even grounded.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI