Changing Map? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

AbsntMndedProf -> Changing Map? (11/1/2001 10:24:00 PM)

I just went into the WW II campaign generator and sellected Britain starting in September, 1944. When I went to the core force sellection screen, I clicked on 'map' and was shown a French countryside with a wide river separating the Western half of the map from the rest. Seeing as I could not get gliders or transport aircraft, I sellected troops for a river crossing and barges. After sellecting my support units, I went to the deploy screen. The map I now saw had no wide river. Instead two tiny creeks ran through the map. What happened??? Totally confused,
Eric Maietta

Paul Vebber -> (11/1/2001 10:54:00 PM)

Wouldn't be the first time a commnader complained of "bad maps" causing him to prepare for the wrong type of battle...but the Campaign Generator sometimes hiccups on map generation for some reason. Not sure why. One of those things thats easier to call a "feature" than a "bug"...

mikhailov -> (11/2/2001 8:45:00 AM)

I think the map shown in the core force selection screen is different from the map in the support force screen. The map shown in the core screen is not the one used for the first battle, the map from the support forces screen is the correct one. I disregard the first one and base my selections on the one in the support screen.

AbsntMndedProf -> (11/4/2001 11:48:00 PM)

Mikhailov posted: "I think the map shown in the core force selection screen is different from the map in the support force screen. The map shown in the core screen is not the one used for the first battle, the map from the support forces screen is the correct one. I disregard the first one and base my selections on the one in the support screen."
How do you do this? You can't see the support screen map, as far as I know, until after you've sellected your core force.
Eric Maietta

mikhailov -> (11/5/2001 3:14:00 AM)

Right. You don't know what mission type or map you will have when you select your core. You have to wait until you get to the support screen to see the mission and the map you will be on for your first battle. I select the best all-around core force (that I can afford) for the variety of missions the game includes, and then select my support units for each mission and map shown in the support unit screen. I don't think there is a way to know your first mission or map when buying your core forces, and normally the core should be multi-dimensional, because they will be with you throughout, and the support forces can be more mission-specific. There are some exceptions, I've noticed that when I start the Long Campaign as the US in June 44 I always get an amphibious assault (Omaha Beach)for my first mission.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI