SP:WAW -- What a great wargame! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Manx -> SP:WAW -- What a great wargame! (11/2/2001 7:17:00 AM)

I took the plunge and downloaded SP:WAW a few weeks ago after putting it off for ages. It took 2 days on a 56K modem, but it was well worth it -- wished i'd done it a long time ago! Still learning the ropes and trying to read as many tactic and strategy guides i can get my hands on. So, i just wanted to say HI to you all (i see there are a few familiar names here!) and thank the developers for producing this wonderful, feature-rich wargame. On the strength of SP:WAW i will definitely be purchasing some of the Campaign games and COMBAT LEADER also looks VERY promising.

Wild Bill -> (11/2/2001 7:49:00 AM)

Manx, you old rascal you! Imagine finding you here after all this time. Wish you had heeded me and come sooner! You are about to embark on some very rich wargaming experiences. Enjoy it. Be sure and check out all the scenarios and the Mega Campaigns. You won't be disappointed. For those who don't know, if this is the Manx I know, he is diehard warrior and a staunch player and supporter of CM (Combat Mission) and has had his own support site of the game. You are the same Manx, are you not? Welcome! You'll like this group though they'll seem docile compared to where you have been Wild Bill

Manx -> (11/2/2001 8:16:00 AM)

Hi WB, Indeed, it is i, and yes, i should have listened to your words of advice a year or so ago about just how good SPWAW is. You were right of course!
Also, can i just say that your SPWAW scenarios are just as challenging and fun to play as those you have created for CMBO. Thanks for the welcome!

Wild Bill -> (11/2/2001 9:16:00 AM)

Thanks my friend! The fun is just beginning! Wild Bill

Warrior -> (11/2/2001 10:20:00 AM)

Welcome Manx! Always glad to see another veteran wargamer discover SPWaW.

Manx -> (11/2/2001 11:53:00 AM)

Thanks for that Warrior...i'm very pleased to be here. I hope to be able to contribute in a small way to the discussions on this forum once i've earned my SPWaW "stripes". I have a lot to learn! [ November 01, 2001: Message edited by: Manx ]

Frank W. -> (11/3/2001 2:14:00 AM)

I have a lot to learn! [ November 01, 2001: Message edited by: Manx ][/QB][/QUOTE] yes, we ALL have to learn,still........ welcome from me,too frank

Warhorse -> (11/3/2001 7:01:00 AM)

Welcome Manx, glad you like it!!

RichardTheFirst -> (11/3/2001 5:32:00 PM)

Welcome Manx "Vini, vidi, vinci" - Iulius Cæsar

Don Doom -> (11/3/2001 6:26:00 PM)

Welcome to you Sir.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI