Neubau or Nebau panzer (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Sturmpionier -> Neubau or Nebau panzer (4/26/2004 5:25:29 PM)

Does anyone have any info on the experimental neubau or nebau panzers that the Germans sent to Norway in 1940? I have seen some pictures of these vehicles, but no concrete data. I have seen two spellings and some accounts say they were based on Pz III chassis and others say Pz IV. From what I could tell, it had an over/under gun mount on the turret. If you have some armaments data or a website or whatever, could you plz post it? I would like to add some to Norway scen but I need a little more clear info. Thx

Kevin E. Duguay -> RE: Neubau or Nebau panzer (4/26/2004 7:09:36 PM)

Neubaufahrzeug (Nb Fz)

Also designated PzKw V and PzKw VI
There were two versions of this vehicle, the first was armed with a 37mm L45 mounted over a 75mm L24 and with a ball mounted MG 13 to the left of the main guns (if looking at the front of the turret) in a fully revolving turret. This was the Rheinmetall turret with frame antenna. This turret was only mounted on the first prototype made of mild steel (Nr.1). PzKw V.

The second version (PzKw VI) Had the Krupp turret that mounted the same armament but side by side. If looking at the front of the turret the armament would be arranged as follows; ball mounted MG 13, and then the 75mm L24 and 37mm L45 in that order mounted in the gun mantlet. The fram antenna was removed in favor of a whip antenna mounted on the right side of the turret.

All versions had 2 additional turrets ( slightly modified PzKw I turrets), one mounted on the left front hull (If looking at the front of the tank), and one to the right on the rear hull. Both mounted a single MG 13.

Crew; 6
Weight; 23.41 tons
Speed; 20 km/hr
Radio; Yes
Ammo; 80 rounds for 75mm (HE, AP, Smoke), 50 rounds for 37mm (HE, AP), Plus 6000 MG rounds.

Four of these were produced, one in mild steel and three in armored steel.
There was some mention of a version mounting a 105mm gun but this seems not to have been built.

All were produced between 1934 and 1935.

The suspention was "loosely" based on the very early Pz IV prototype suspention.

Armor;...........................Front..........Side..........Rear..........Top/Bottom

Turret;.............................15.............13.............13................13

Superstructure;.................13.............13.............13...............13

Hull;.................................20.............13.............13...............13

Gun Mantlet;.....................15- round

The front hull and side and rear turret armor is slightly sloped but I have no figures. Everything else seems pretty box shaped.

In April 1940 the three Prototypes made in armored steel were sent to Oslo Norway. One was destroyed and replaced with the Krupp mild steel prototype.

Sources; Encyclopedia of German Tanks of World War Two (R.E.) By Chamberlain, Doyle.
German Tanks of Worl War II, by von Senger und Etterlin

and the web site Achtung Panzer! at
www.achtungpanzer.com/neu.htm

Hope this helps!![;)]

BruceAZ -> RE: Neubau or Nebau panzer (4/27/2004 5:36:58 AM)

You will be happy to note that SPWAW 8.2, when available, will have one or two of these tanks in the German OOB. We asked for them to finish some earlier design work. Mike Amos did the pic, icon, etc and it's excellent. [X(] I think it is a Krupp version - not sure.

Recon
Semper Fi

Sturmpionier -> RE: Neubau or Nebau panzer (4/27/2004 4:17:11 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BruceAZ

You will be happy to note that SPWAW 8.2, when available, will have one or two of these tanks in the German OOB. We asked for them to finish some earlier design work. Mike Amos did the pic, icon, etc and it's excellent. [X(] I think it is a Krupp version - not sure.

Recon
Semper Fi

Wow! That should save me pretty much all the work I was looking at doing. Also, big thx to KED, that was way more info than I expected anyone to type. You guys are the best!

Kevin E. Duguay -> RE: Neubau or Nebau panzer (4/27/2004 7:57:11 PM)

I have Mike's Icon or at least the first one he put out. The Icon overall looks great but he has features of both versions on the turret. If you know how to use the SHP. Editor and have some kind of paint program the fix is really easy. Just eliminate the frame antenna and all will be as it should!![;)]

Major_Johnson -> RE: Neubau or Nebau panzer (4/28/2004 6:11:32 AM)

How's this??

[image]local://upfiles/684/Ol316874677.jpg[/image]

Major_Johnson -> RE: Neubau or Nebau panzer (4/28/2004 6:11:32 AM)

How's this??

[image]local://upfiles/684/Ol316874677.jpg[/image]

Kevin E. Duguay -> RE: Neubau or Nebau panzer (4/28/2004 7:03:57 AM)

A picture is worth a thousand typed words![:D]

Kevin E. Duguay -> RE: Neubau or Nebau panzer (4/28/2004 7:06:09 AM)

How about this?

[image]local://upfiles/6257/Xv656654340.gif[/image]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI