2.1 First Impressions (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Campaigns on the Danube 1805 - 1809

Bis -> 2.1 First Impressions (4/30/2004 9:08:51 PM)

Somebody taught Mack how to fight. ! Small bug: game won't exit unless CNTL-ALT-DEL is used.

Hanal -> RE: 2.1 First Impressions (4/30/2004 9:44:15 PM)

Not home to try, but pressing Esc (Escape) does not work anymore?

Bis -> RE: 2.1 First Impressions (4/30/2004 10:24:45 PM)

It just worked now. Maybe a small glitch in my computer.

Just won 1805 short scenario as Coalition (min FOW). Kept Reisch at Ulm and sent every body else to Augsburg. I then sent Reish on a raid behind the French lines. French advance was held up because of this and the could never concentrate at Augsburg.

Bis -> RE: 2.1 First Impressions (5/1/2004 2:42:12 AM)

The AI is most improved.

Treefrog -> wandering leaders (5/1/2004 10:43:51 PM)

The patch helps. However, corps leader counters continue to wander off inexplicably, exclusive of when they have "fallback" orders.

It troubles me that sometimes the corps artillery precedes the infantry and gets surrendered.

Didz -> RE: wandering leaders (5/2/2004 3:32:27 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Treefrog

The patch helps. However, corps leader counters continue to wander off inexplicably, exclusive of when they have "fallback" orders.

It troubles me that sometimes the corps artillery precedes the infantry and gets surrendered.

Doesn't sound good. Are you not able to determine the role and order of march for Corps elements?

Capitaine -> RE: wandering leaders (5/2/2004 2:28:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Treefrog

I hate to say it, but it's matters like this that show the value of the "old fashioned" IGO-HUGO move it all yourself games. All this simultanaeity is fine for a dose of "realism", but unless the AI gets things just right, the sacrifice might just be too high...

FrankHunter -> RE: wandering leaders (5/3/2004 9:30:53 AM)

Just to add to this thread...

CHQs do not take their orders into account when deciding which hex to move into. Those orders are for their elements. CHQs are busy trying to maintain supply and communication. That means "bouncing" will occur between its elements. Its a big reason why dividing a command and sending it down 2 different roads is a recipe for confusion (command stress).

Order of march for corps elements was actually in the game but it was very prone to problems so I took it out for this game quite awhile ago. I do intend to get that working when I do another game in this series but like some other ideas I put it back on the shelf temporarily.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI