Changing AI Level (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Royal Warwicks -> Changing AI Level (11/13/2001 7:38:00 PM)

How much difference will improving the AI rating make to game play, set to standard things seem a little surreal at times. Or am I barking up the wrong tree and should I try playing head to head instead?

gnoccop -> (11/13/2001 8:19:00 PM)

try some scenarios or buy and try Mega Campaigns. And try with all option activated. Random Generated battles and long campaigns are not so difficult especially if AI attack.

Warrior -> (11/13/2001 8:36:00 PM)

I've never messed with the AI setting much, but as I understand it, the AI will get more troops in ratio to yours as the setting goes up. Doesn't make it smarter, however. I played the game for nearly a year against the AI before trying PBEM. It truly IS different with a human opponent.

Uglykid -> (11/14/2001 9:20:00 PM)

Hi
If I remember rigth the AI setting will increase the AI troops morale and experience as many points you set.

Mikimoto -> (11/14/2001 10:29:00 PM)

quote:

Originally posted by Uglykid:
Hi
If I remember rigth the AI setting will increase the AI troops morale and experience as many points you set.

Yes, UglyKid. You can raise the experience and morale of the AI troops beyond any mesure, and you still win all the time. Another thing is playing scenarios, user-made campaigns and the Megacampaign-NA... then you have a more challenging enemy and missions. But this wargame is shinning when you play against a human opponent. PBEM/online is a different, genial story. [ November 14, 2001: Message edited by: Mikimoto ]

kutalik -> (11/15/2001 2:28:00 AM)

Yeah I've played around with these settings too. Currently have the AI set at 100 and still manage to kick its butt in random battles a good 90% of the time. It just adds more not really better. I think as a player you reach a "plateau" point after obessively playing this game for a few years. The AI is just plain too dumb (especially in its deployment) without a devious human mind behind it to really create much of a challenge. Stick to games with human opponents or scenarios and campaigns that are well crafted (which there are many -- thanks guys).

kutalik -> (11/15/2001 2:29:00 AM)

Yeah I've played around with these settings too. Currently have the AI set at 100 and still manage to kick its butt in random battles a good 90% of the time. It just adds more not really better. I think as a player you reach a "plateau" point after obessively playing this game for a few years. The AI is just plain too dumb (especially in its deployment) without a devious human mind behind it to really create much of a challenge. Stick to games with human opponents or scenarios and campaigns that are well crafted (which there are many -- thanks guys).

skukko -> (11/15/2001 2:49:00 PM)

Howdy Learn the mechanics of the game before hitting your head against other human (?) head IE play scenarios and campaigns. Buttons are not all you need to know, neither is tactics and weaponry; its also knowledge of how your men behave in given situation as well what is capabilities of hostile units. mosh

Major Destruction -> (11/17/2001 1:54:00 PM)

Wellsaid, Skukko. Amen I'll drink to that. etc

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI