Updated Tactics Guide is out! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Larry Holt -> Updated Tactics Guide is out! (11/15/2001 10:10:00 PM)

I am pleased to announce that I have finished writing the latest version of my Tactics Guide and that Fabio has once again kindly agreed to post it at his Armor site: Tactics Guide on Fabios's Armor Site I added sections on C&C, FAQ, Tactical Decision Making Tutorial, Penetration vs. Armor basics, some graphics, and attempted to run it through a spell checker. Expanded sections on reserves. Nov 2001 Look for Robber to put this out as an ebook too! I expect to fine tune it at least one more time once ver 7 is formally out. If you have any ideas on how to make it better, let me know or start writing a section yourself. Enjoy

generalrichmond -> (11/16/2001 4:54:00 AM)

Man, Larry - you are THE MAN! First the WBW Tutorials and now this. Ahh, life is good. "It's good to be the commander..."

Reg -> (11/18/2001 6:16:00 AM)

Thanks Larry, This is a magnificent and long overdue task. Well done!!! For your info: There are several broken links to the graphics on the AAR1.htm page and most of your anchor links don't work. The HTML is easily fixed but it's better PR to have a perfect distribution. Despite the assertions of M$, Word really sucks as a HTML editor. Any chance of a PDF version as it is a single file and HTML is so messy??? As far as content goes:.... Bravo Reg.

Larry Holt -> (11/19/2001 9:14:00 PM)

quote:

Originally posted by Reg:
Thanks Larry, This is a magnificent and long overdue task. Well done!!! For your info: There are several broken links to the graphics on the AAR1.htm page and most of your anchor links don't work. The HTML is easily fixed but it's better PR to have a perfect distribution. Despite the assertions of M$, Word really sucks as a HTML editor. Any chance of a PDF version as it is a single file and HTML is so messy??? As far as content goes:.... Bravo Reg.

Thanks for the notice of the errors. Actually I did it in FrontPage but the error was from working late at night and putting the wrong links in. I have this fixed now and have sent a corrected version to Fabio. Robber has offered to make this as an ebook. I do not have a distiller to make PDFs so I cannot make one. If anyone can do this and would like to do so, please speak up!

Fabio Prado -> (11/20/2001 7:43:00 AM)

OK, Fellas! The Tacics Guide is already updated.
The address is: http://www.fprado.com/armorsite/Tactics_Guide/TG4.zip Larry's work deserves FAST service! Fab

robber -> (11/20/2001 5:26:00 PM)

It, is true that I'm working on the eBook and I'm about halfway through right now. But as was mentioned Word 9 does a whole lot of work behind the scenes and since eBook builders want really simple html I have had to write some sed scripts and vi macros to remove a lot of excess baggage. I too have noticed a number of broken links external and internal that slows conversion down a bit. Should be done by the end of the week though.
´
Will post on the forum when it is available. /robber

brianleeprice -> (11/23/2001 1:04:00 PM)

Great work Larry, really helped fill in the gaps for me on a number of subjects. Thanks,
Brian

Reg -> (11/23/2001 3:11:00 PM)

Larry, GSview is what I use to create PDF files. All you do is print any document (from any program) to a file using a postscript printer driver (any driver will do since the printer does not need to be physically connected). You then load this postscript file into GSview and save it again as a pdf file. It is not as polished as the commercial Adobe product (as evidenced by the two stage process)but it is available for free download. I think it may be a little harder to install but I cannot comment on this aspect since they have released GhostScript v7 since I installed my copy of GSview. Just follow the instructions and you should be alright. These programs can be obtained from
Home Page for Ghostscript
GSview 4.1 Hope this helps,
Reg.
quote:

from GSview Readme file GSview is a graphical interface for Ghostscript under MS-Windows or OS/2. Ghostscript is an interpreter for the PostScript page description language used by laser printers. For documents following the Adobe PostScript Document Structuring Conventions, GSview allows selected pages to be viewed or printed. GSview requires AFPL Ghostscript 7.00-7.99.
Features include:
    Display and print PostScript and PDF files.
    View pages in arbitrary order (Next, Previous, Goto).
    Page size and Orientation are automatically selected from DSC comments or can be selected using the menu.
    Print selected pages using Ghostscript.
    Convert pages to bitmap, PDF or PostScript.
    Selectable display resolution, depth, alpha.
    Single button zoom.
    Extract selected pages to another file.
    Copy display bitmap to clipboard.
    Save clipboard bitmap as BMP file.
    Add bitmap or user preview to EPS file (Interchange, TIFF or Windows Metafile)
    Graphically select and show bounding box for EPS file.
    Extract bitmap preview or PostScript from DOS EPS file.
    Extract text or search for text.
    Can read gzip and bzip2 compressed PostScript and PDF files.
    On-line help.
    Win32, OS/2 and Linux/X11 executables. Older versions support Win16.
    Can be run directly off a CD-ROM.
    English, German, French, Italian and Spanish languages.
    Per user initialisation files for Windows.
    Includes setup program.
    Free (Aladdin Free Public Licence).

Works with AFPL Ghostscript 7.00 - 7.99 (GSview checks the Ghostscript version number). Older version of GSview will work with Ghostscript 4.03 - 6.50.
    [/list] GSview requires AFPL Ghostscript. You must download AFPL Ghostscript separately.

[ November 23, 2001: Message edited by: Reg ]

robber -> (11/23/2001 10:03:00 PM)

Short notice! Larry's tactics guide now available as an eBook as well (se other post on this forum) Here's the url
Robert's SPWaW page Enjoy,
/robber

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI