Tank MG & Op Fire question... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

mao -> Tank MG & Op Fire question... (11/18/2001 10:15:00 PM)

Say I am op firing against enemy tanks; I run out of op. fire for my main guns and am now firing MGs. Also, say the tanks are pretty much unvulnerable to MG fire, except for the odd lucky shot. My question is is there any use to continue op. firing? Does MG fire help supress tanks, even heavy tanks, or am I just drawing fire on my own positions? [ November 18, 2001: Message edited by: mao ]

SoleSurvivor -> (11/18/2001 10:59:00 PM)

usually it's better to have the mg fire. it detracts the enemy from your infantry and sometimes you hit infantry in the same hex as the tank.

Jacc -> (11/18/2001 11:18:00 PM)

If you sit in a Panther, facing T-34/76c, just fire the MGs (unless you are expecting infantry to appear soon). Thus, you can distract the tank. However, you can also wait. The crew appears to be able to load the main gun, so if you just wait patient and don't get killed, you can soon fire your main gun onto enemy tank. Don't fire MGs on any tank superior to your own - especially if it is in AI control. It will OP fire, and if the shot penetrates, you are of no use.

Paul Vebber -> (11/19/2001 2:50:00 AM)

Try turning the coax MG off - with the crew members attention focused on servicing hte MA, you will get more MA opfire...

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI