How to use MSW (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> The War Room

Grunt -> How to use MSW (5/17/2004 6:52:48 AM)

I have TF's in each of my key bases consisting of MSW's. I notice there is no option for computer control. Will they search for mines on their own? How do I best use MSW's for counter-mine warfare to keep friedly bases clear?

DoomedMantis -> RE: How to use MSW (5/17/2004 12:41:09 PM)

most efficient way to use them is to send them one hex out of the base on retirement orders, if there are enemy miens they will fond them and clear

sven6345789 -> RE: How to use MSW (5/17/2004 4:22:02 PM)

you could also form extra MSW Taskforces or just add a MSW to you taskforces or a DMS to a surface combat taskforce. After all, if there are no ships passing through a minefield, none can be hit.
Another tactic might be to undock them and to set them on patrol/do not retire, although that makes them victims for subs. I read posts where players went after these solitary MSW's by placing subs in ports, with devestating effects. You don't have that many of them, and they are VERY important.

Grunt -> RE: How to use MSW (5/17/2004 5:28:40 PM)

Are MSW's effective alone? Or should they operate in pairs, or more?

DoomedMantis -> RE: How to use MSW (5/18/2004 3:39:12 PM)

I like to put a couple together and also put some DD's with them, they are very valuable ships. Any spare ones I put with transport TF's

marky -> RE: How to use MSW (5/22/2004 8:12:11 AM)

also it would be a good idea to inlude sum AA esorts, like CLAA'S

and maybe a arrier, or a light or esort arrier with them too, to provide air over

that is, if u can spare a carrier

denisonh -> RE: How to use MSW (5/22/2004 8:25:30 PM)

An effective techniques is to place them in your supply TFs that resupply your bases.

That is a good way to

- find mines along common routes (not just at base hexes),

- detect minefields without having to keep mvoving around MSW Tfs

- Minimizes risk if MSWs getting torpedoed

- Protects the transport TFs (Particularly the ones caryying troops) and minimizes chance of losing them to mines.

barbarrossa -> RE: How to use MSW (5/23/2004 2:14:28 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: marky

also it would be a good idea to inlude sum AA esorts, like CLAA'S

and maybe a arrier, or a light or esort arrier with them too, to provide air over

that is, if u can spare a carrier

Hopefully you will never be in a situation where a carrier has to provide aircover for mine sweeping![:)]

marky -> RE: How to use MSW (5/23/2004 2:26:19 AM)

lol[:D]

true

but u never know wen sum dive bombers will cum calling

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI