(Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Galka -> (11/29/2001 12:28:00 PM)

quote:

Originally posted by Charles_22:
Frankly I don't believe what you say about a Sherman cheaper than German infantry (an attempt at pulling someone's chain), as I'm suspecting I'll want nothing to do with V.7, such pricing would definitely seal my objection. I couldn't but notice you said "german" infantry platoon, as though the German infantry cost has gone through the roof while the other infantry of other countries remianed the same.

Nope, no chain pulling. A regular German infantry platoon with true troop on varies in price from 73 to 89 points. 3 Squads 1 MMG. An M4A1 Sherman costs 82 points. In 6.1 the platoon costs 75-86 points the M4A1 , 109 points. It's not a drastic change but I'll welcome it.

Paul Vebber -> (11/29/2001 1:18:00 PM)

This discussion is enough to make one want to go smoke a revolver... Would you PUH_LEASE wait for the v 7 OOBs before you waste time reharsing OBE stuff? In the v 7 OOBs a T-34 m40 is 79 points and a Tiger is 168 That means with experience modifiers you get about 9 T-34s for the price of 4 Tigers in 43. When ever you use a complex function of over 50 weighted variables, you are going to get some anomolies. Until someone can come with a viable alternative ... points are like Democracy...the worst way to balance a game, except for all the others...

Galka -> (11/29/2001 1:37:00 PM)

quote:

Originally posted by Paul Vebber:

In the v 7 OOBs a T-34 m40 is 79 points and a Tiger is 168 That means with experience modifiers you get about 9 T-34s for the price of 4 Tigers in 43.

Hey, I'm not cutting V7.0 down. It's a great revision. Thanks. Ok, nuff said. [ November 29, 2001: Message edited by: Galka ]

pax27 -> (11/29/2001 9:22:00 PM)

I like icecream, just plain icecream. No one can take that away from me?

Charles2222 -> (11/29/2001 9:44:00 PM)

Galka:
quote:

Nope, no chain pulling. A regular German infantry platoon with true troop on varies in price from 73 to 89 points. 3 Squads 1 MMG. An M4A1 Sherman costs 82 points. In 6.1 the platoon costs 75-86 points the M4A1 , 109 points.
Sorry, I thought you were talking about a German squad, not an entire platoon. I thought you brought that up as though it were unique to the earlier versions. I wouldn't be the least surprised that a tank MIGHT be cheaper than an entire platoon, because I never compare, nor did I suspect anyone else did, the cots of multiple units to one unit, so you threw me.

AmmoSgt -> (12/1/2001 9:46:00 PM)

Mikimoto here is a more definative answer to your questions about experience rating "Administrator
Member # 24
posted November 28, 2001 01:20 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The problem is how to do it in a way that isn't an easy cheat. The time to make the table in the code a table that is checked to see if it has been tampered with just takes time we don't have to spend.
Originally there was much more dynamic range in the experience ratings but of course when you do that then you offend country x with the low ratings. So we bunched them up more. Basically there is no good way to blanket assign a single rating to an entire countries forces for the whole war. That is why we are changing the concept in CL to not use the same random draw for all a country's forces, and allow formation specific modifiers. You can set the rout/rally pref and the experience pref seperately if you want to have a side with high experience and poor morale, or vice versa." oops that didn't completely paste , it's my first quote attempt .. anyway thats Paul V's answer ... I think i am going to try the High Experience / low Morale Idea for some 1945 Germans .. and see how it effects things .. sounds like a solution to me ... [ December 01, 2001: Message edited by: AmmoSgt ] [ December 01, 2001: Message edited by: AmmoSgt ]

Mikimoto -> (12/3/2001 2:50:00 PM)

Thanks Ammo. You are right, just as (almost) ever. Just checked the Oob forum, it explains by himself... Thanks, again

Figmo -> (12/4/2001 9:53:00 AM)

Just to go back to the original question "Can a horde of T-34s beat Tigers?" - YES!! There's a scenario somebody did in SP1 and I converted to all of the SPs with WW2 units and with all of them except SPWAW the Tigers are unbeatable. I just played the scenario the other day and have lost 3 of my 5 tigers (and the other 2 are on the run) vs T34s and a few SU122s - so it can be done. If you want I can send you a save of the terrible carnage. I also have a few PzKwIVs left and may be able to pull out a draw. Heck, I've even had a 50mm ATG take out a KV1 - but only once - a real lucky shot. But that's the great thing about the game - the CHANCE of things happening. So again - it can be done!! I can hardly wait to see how it goes in V7.

Galka -> (12/4/2001 10:46:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by Figmo:
Just to go back to the original question "Can a horde of T-34s beat Tigers?" - YES!!

Well actually there was a qualifier. In PBEM. Surely someone as reknowned as you would be willing to beat my Tigers down in a game match described in a previous post? After all I'm only an average player.

K G von Martinez -> (12/4/2001 2:33:00 PM)

Galka, if I understand Figmo correctly he is losing with his tigers against the AI. And if the AI can do it, it should be at least possible for a human Player, too!

Figmo -> (12/5/2001 7:04:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by kgvm:
Galka, if I understand Figmo correctly he is losing with his tigers against the AI. And if the AI can do it, it should be at least possible for a human Player, too!
You're correct kgvm - that is what I was saying. It doesn't happen much - and it shouldn't - that is T34s being able to beat Tigers - but it does happen. Even where the Russians did beat Tigers they had to get in close with them. Pretty much the same as a PzKwIII taking on a KV1. Galka, I wish I had the time - but you can play the scenario from the Russian side and win - it's not easy - but it can be done. And it's lots of fun. Also, thanks for the compliment but in my case reknowned really means old. I will say "the rumors of my death have been greatly exagerated"!!

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI