Is anyone actually using the Chat room (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Les_the_Sarge_9_1 -> Is anyone actually using the Chat room (12/1/2001 12:44:00 PM)

Just wondering Its friday night (here at least) and there is no one in the chat room. Is anyone using the chat room at all these days? When it was first up I was in there a bunch, could usually find Sven at least.
(I know where he spends his time though). The real time aspect of communicating there would be nice.

Warrior -> (12/1/2001 6:12:00 PM)

Les, you know I used to spend a lot to time there, but when the Watchtower Mega Campaign got going that took all my attention. Now I'm designing scenarios all the time (and I hope you and others like them!). I'll try to drop in more often, it is a nice way to get to know fellow players.

Redleg -> (12/1/2001 11:55:00 PM)

I must train myself to remember to visit the chat room more often.

Jack -> (12/2/2001 12:23:00 AM)

For guys like me who are computer illiterate. What are the steps to get on the chat line? I needed a couple of the guys to show me how to put the text on my map that's how bad I am.

Warhorse -> (12/2/2001 1:11:00 AM)

Exactly, the link to it used to be on this page, but for some reason was moved to the Matrix Home Page!! NOT real easy to track

tracer -> (12/2/2001 2:12:00 AM)

There was a thread last month about some folks having problems using the chat room; specifically, Netscape users. I posted a solution: disable javascript in Navigator and all works fine (then just turn it back on when you're done). Figured I'd mention it again in case that was preventing anyone from using the chat room.

Jack -> (12/2/2001 7:53:00 AM)

Tracer,
I only understand layman's terms. When you start talking about jave I don't have a clue.

RichardTheFirst -> (12/2/2001 9:18:00 AM)

Personally I would like a lot to have some chats directly, it would be a way to know you guys a little better and spend a nice time. Happens that all the times I went there it was allways empty . I stay there 10 m or so but nothing. Suggestion: set an hour for SPWaW chat. Perhaps it could be a starting point.... [ December 01, 2001: Message edited by: RichardTheFirst ]

Huffy -> (12/2/2001 10:35:00 AM)

Have tried time to time...but no one there...so I leave...
Huffy

Redleg -> (12/2/2001 12:06:00 PM)

I have logged on three times since I saw this post. Always empty.

RichardTheFirst -> (12/2/2001 6:36:00 PM)

I've been with Huffy for 20 min or so, at 4:00 GMT/ 23:00 EST.

Jack -> (12/2/2001 11:02:00 PM)

Once someone explains how I think it would be interesting to talk to you guys.

KG Erwin -> (12/3/2001 12:21:00 AM)

I'd like to see the chat room used more, too. There have been a few attempts to get a discussion about next year's convention/meeting. It was difficult to get more than 8 or 10 people in the room at the same time, even with a week's advance notice. I'd like to try it again sometime. A large part of the problem is simply the time zone differences. Maybe for chat room purposes, we should all use GMT to schedule chats in advance. For us in the Eastern Time Zone, that means 12 noon ET is 1700 hrs GMT. For those who have PC literacy problems, go to the date/time on your Control Panel. There's a time zone conversion chart there.

SoleSurvivor -> (12/3/2001 12:38:00 AM)

Well on this chat issue, there is the Viacobra chat a friend of mine was developing. It runs on all Netscape/Internet explorer 4.x upward and also runs relatively well on Opera 6 Beta and Konqueror. It's completely HTML with some Javascript clientside and perl serverside. If there is interest you can rent the most recent version for a low fee.

RichardTheFirst -> (12/3/2001 2:26:00 AM)

OK then. I would suggest for starters 18:30 to 19:30 GMT as the happy hour, starting tomorrow December 3rd 2001 - it's after work in Europe and lunch hour in America. The page with the chat is here: http://www.matrixgames.com/main.asp Add it to your favorites. [ December 02, 2001: Message edited by: RichardTheFirst ]

Les_the_Sarge_9_1 -> (12/3/2001 3:05:00 AM)

Should have known I would get a nice response here in SPWaW I have a thread started in the General Discussion Forum guys, look into it for me if you can (trying to avoid duplication here as far as my own thoughts go). I am hoping to be a catalyst for a routine gathering, I am not really sure if my time posted will remain as posted but its the most useful time for me currently. I aint claiming to be a singularly special person, but I do like to chat heheh (and being retired, spending most of the day at home, and winter approaching, I can be online when I please I guess).

lnp4668 -> (12/3/2001 3:15:00 AM)

Jack, all you have to do is go to Matrix main page, click on the sidebar on the left that saids chat and the program automatically log you in.

Jack -> (12/3/2001 6:39:00 AM)

Thanks Inp 4668. I shall try it.

Jack -> (12/3/2001 7:14:00 AM)

I went to the proper site. Saw chat. Clicked on and nothing happened. Is there something I missed? Is this the wright site? http://www.matrixgames.com/main.asp please confirm.

chief -> (12/3/2001 12:05:00 PM)

Jack:
Have you got Java installed, I needed it to make chat work, and after you sign in wait at least 2 mins, and check the scroll bar on right, its hard to see. HTH

generalrichmond -> (12/4/2001 11:40:00 AM)

Jack, what browser are you using? IE or Netscape?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI