Mega Campaign Shipping to Canada... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

J.Wood -> Mega Campaign Shipping to Canada... (12/1/2001 12:45:00 PM)

...is 21 US dollars. Believe you me, I'd really love to get the second Mega Campaign, but at a ticket price for shipping exceeding that of the actual game, my enthusiasm has been somewhat dampened. Since sales support isn't answering my mail, is there any chance a Matrix Games representative could explain this situation? I'd love to get the campaign to show my appreciation of all the Matrix's hard work [and because I like Brent's scenarios, for that matter]. Oh yes, hi all. Congratulate me because I just got accepted as an officer cadet in the Royal Canadian Armoured Corps I leave in January. J

LeibstandartePzD -> (12/1/2001 12:47:00 PM)

Can't help you with the shipping issue, sorry. Congratulations on your appointment to the Armored Corps. I once had the opportunity to work with some counter-parts in the Royal Canadian Dragoons. Top notch bunch of guys. Best of luck to you!

Jody -> (12/1/2001 3:51:00 PM)

Shipping to Oz was $30 US ($60 AUD) so I am even worse off than you But it is worth it. I am a little peeved as I have ordered other stuff from a different software supplier using the same distributor and it was 1/2 the price for shipping.
But as I said it is worth it. Congrats on your acceptance to the proud Corps of Armour. From a Retired Member of The 3/4 Cavalry Regiment Royal Australian Armoured Corps

Les_the_Sarge_9_1 -> (12/1/2001 9:21:00 PM)

Congrats to ya (about the armour job). You might have missed the discussion threads I have commented in. Canada, being next door to the US enjoys what most of the world does not, proximity. That and well we aint much different yadda yadda yadda. Now unless you are an unusual Canadian, and have reeeeeally unusual circumstances, shipping can be different for ya (than the rest of the unfortunates around the rest of the globe). Heres what ya do. Go online with something akin to ICQ. Establish a friendship. Become a trusted friend of a US individual. Have that individual purchase your software (send them the funds needed as if they were buying it themselves). Have it shipped to them. Then ask them to simply put it in ordinary mail as if they were sending the mail to you as an ordinary private citizen. Presto.
You have just bought from Matrix, in the same manner any US citizen enjoys, plus maybe 3 more bucks. Certainly not any double the price. Although remember our Canadian dollar still sucks in exchange.
Comments have been fielded about how ya cant send money through the mail cheaply (I happen to know money, actual money, gets sent through the mail all the time, so any disagreers will just have to swallow that). Regarding sending a cd through the mail. Fortunately we live in a country where our mail is considered sacred. Sorry if that sounds insulting to many foreign persons, but its the truth (if the comments about some countries are worth accepting). Concerning sending money to the US. Aint going to waste breathe on this issue. Any smart individual knows how to accomplish this. If you cant find a person you can trust online. Well sheesh you likely would have trouble making friends on the street at home as well then. Me I have several ladies that would send the disk to me sans postage. Heck they might even buy it for me as a christmas gift. Some day CL will be here. I guess I will be buying it. Well actually one of my US girl friends will be buying it more correctly. And she will send it to me through ordinary mail. My only concern at that time is how well the Canadian dollar is doing at the time I go to the bank.

bchapman -> (12/1/2001 11:34:00 PM)

Congratulations on the Officer Cadet position. It's good to know that there are still people who want to serve their country, and a lot of the guys here are either now serving in their armed forces or are veterns. (Salute) If you will send me your email address, maybe we can work something out. I've sent copies of SPWAW all over and never had any problems. Usually the mail costs is around $2 to $4 (US) depending on where it is going.

bchapman -> (12/1/2001 11:38:00 PM)

Per my previous post: Guys was intended as a generic term. I apolgize to all of the female vets

Major Destruction -> (12/3/2001 1:32:00 AM)

Why should it cost $US21 to send a CD to Canada from the USA? That's obcenely expensive. The USPS has a service called Global Priority. It's only a few bucks more for this service over regular mail and they guarantee delivery within a few days. Sending stuff through the mail is not rocket science and it shouldn't cost as much. My MCNA CD was sent by courier. Acording to the tracing utility, my CD went to Porto Rico and Alaska before it got here.....and it took several weeks to arrive. No wonder! So, why does it cost $21?

achappelle -> (12/3/2001 3:37:00 AM)

At least you've got yours Major.... I ordered mine over a month ago and it's still "processing". I can't even get an answer through the help desk. Funny thing is the almost $100.00 charge on my credit card went through almost immediately. The product is great, at least the free one I've used for years, but customer service sucks!!! As I've maitained through the whole deal: if I order materials from a supplier, and they are out of stock on one item, and they hold my shipment for over a month, well let's just say, I stop ordering from them. Come on guys, we know you have put in a lot of time and effort on the product, but the service end needs a lot of work. I've worked in the customer service industry for over a decade, and there was a recent survey that indicated that 41% of IT customers considered consistant communication of progress on an issue was more important than the actual resolution of the problem which accounted for 27% or so of respondents. I guess my point is, while I would like the problem fixed, my frustration arises from the lack of response, so David, Paul, with all due respect, can you take my rant as positive criticism, and just let me know what the hell's going on. Respectfully my 2cents

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI