Can't install the Game!! HELPP! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Korsun Pocket Support

BossGnome -> Can't install the Game!! HELPP! (5/29/2004 3:30:48 AM)

Hey everyone, I can't install Korsun Pocket on my Laptop. It's a Dell Inspiron 8200. I have a soundcard, the right direct X. I more than fulfill all the system reqs. I have 768 mb of RAM, 1.8 gigahertz, 5.5 gigs of space on my C drive, a 64 mb video card (Radeon 9000). I am also running windows XP in French. I don't know what's wrong! The autorun works fine, with the background music and everything, but I am totally unable to install the game! As soon as I click "Install Korsun Pocket", the initializing setup bar goes up, and then comes an error message stating "Impossible de créer le répertoire suivant: Matrix Games/Korsun Pocket". In english, this means "Impossible to create the following folder/directory(not sure): Matrix Games/Korsun Pocket". Then I get the choice to retry (which doesnt work) or cancel, which brings me back to the original install thing. Please help! This is a major annoyance!

Rob Gjessing -> RE: Can't install the Game!! HELPP! (5/29/2004 4:03:41 AM)

Is the account you are logging into Windows with have Administrator rights? It sounds like Windows isnt allowing the install folder to be created, which makes me think your account doesnt have the right permissions..

BossGnome -> RE: Can't install the Game!! HELPP! (5/29/2004 6:47:59 AM)

yeah, I do have administrator rights...I'll agree with you though it is really weird. it is the only bug of its kind I've ever seen on one of my computers... Anyone else got any ideas?

Marc von Martial -> RE: Can't install the Game!! HELPP! (5/29/2004 11:47:00 AM)

Any virus scanners / firewalls running? You might want to turn them of during the installation.

wanderino -> RE: Can't install the Game!! HELPP! (7/20/2004 4:53:43 AM)

I have the same problem.... help!!!!!!!!!!!

Chdekeck -> RE: Can't install the Game!! HELPP! (9/16/2004 6:21:54 AM)

And I have also the same probleme... Anybody have an idea ???

freeboy -> RE: Can't install the Game!! HELPP! (9/16/2004 6:24:36 AM)

wasn't there an install bug patch? Look over under files at the ssg sight

EricGuitarJames -> RE: Can't install the Game!! HELPP! (9/19/2004 6:58:03 PM)

The only thing I can suggest is to create a folder with an appropriate name and install to there. I have a 'dual-boot' system and when installing KP I had to ensure that the game went to the correct drive, in this case, the 'F' drive. I also had fun with 'Steel Panthers' after I forgot to specify which drive/folder to istall to and it ended up on my 'C' drive - where I really didn't want it.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI