The almighty German 37 Flaks (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

NeoWhiteWolf -> The almighty German 37 Flaks (12/4/2001 9:33:00 PM)

Ok...im doing a WW2 campaign (I know the AI stinks overall) and right from the getgo i bought 6 37mmAA Flaks and 6 20mmAA Flaks....After 4 Missions my 37s' had each gotten over 10 kills while my 20s' did jack... so after the 5 mission i changed my 20's to 37's and its now the 15 mission and i have lost Air Superiority yet Airplanes pose no risk due to my Experienced Flaks....Is it me or does this seem a bit unbalanced...Id hate to see what the Dual 37mm Half Track is going to do.... Comments?

AmmoSgt -> (12/4/2001 10:15:00 PM)

The specs between the 37mm and 20mm in such categories as Firecontrol and Rangefinder are a point or so higher for the 37mm . of course damge done and range would be a little higher for the 37mm but i think the 20mm is actually a little higher in HE kill factor due to the higher rate of fire .. It probably has more to do with you placing the 37mm more effectively for the game.
I know it is hard to do this mentally but try and switch the placements of the 37mm and 20mm and see if that doesn't effect things ... aircraft come in on only 6 possible routes ..you made have found a pattern of placement that is more effective than average for the 37mm and less effective than average for the 20mm ..
Overall the 37mm's should be somewhat more effective.

panda124c -> (12/5/2001 1:22:00 AM)

The 37's are much better at killing armoured vehicals, larger shell. The 20's are good against small lightly armoured vehicals. As for infantry it seems to be a toss up as to which one is better, until the arrival of the quad 20mm this is an infantry eater.

generalrichmond -> (12/5/2001 2:52:00 AM)

Hmmm. Are you commanding an AA battalion or what? I think that the kills are probably right, I just think that with that many guns (12!) you are going to get high kill percentages of the planes that actually fly over. Check the SPWaW TO&E in the SPWaW folder and read what allotment of AA guns were usually given to battalions.

NeoWhiteWolf -> (12/5/2001 6:42:00 PM)

I change them to Dual 20's on a battle against US....the 20's were more effective towards vehicles and infantry but the bombers and heavy aircraft seem uneffectived...
My placement complements my defensive abilities in defensive battles....I have 1 or 2 lined up with 10 infantry 5 to 10 Light-Medium tank and 1 to 5 Heavy (As of now i have Tiger's for heavy;s and IIIL's for medium... the 50mm cannon does wonders on Shermans/Lee's/Crusaders but the 88mm is more effective against T-34's...I also have 5 Stuig 10.5 Assualt Cannons for that all around raping ability... I use 37's to protect against the russian infantry...and as of the date the game officially took away my Strike Element so they come in handy...

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI