HQ the building ? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

madclicker -> HQ the building ? (12/4/2001 10:37:00 PM)

HI, I would like to know the use (or the way to use) HQ buildings that are available for sale in a battle? Are they here only for show ?? Or as goals for the ennemy ? How do they affect the moral of troops ? As an old ASL player I can't find the use of this kind of unit !
Thanks a loot.

color -> (12/5/2001 12:48:00 AM)

The Command posts gives all units in a 6? hex radius a boost in rallying and, if I am not wrong, in morale. Of course as they cannot move, the are only good for defense.

Paul Vebber -> (12/5/2001 1:11:00 AM)

That is right, though I think the range of effect is 4 hexes. They reduce suppression by about 20 extra points (it goes down with range) at the end of a turn. They also have commands that can be used to call for artillery or air support. They are meant to represent the close proximity of a higher level command post or critical defensive position that must be defended at all cost. Dug-in troops near one of these are very tough to get rid of short of melee

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI