US army ranger rambo killers (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Cirrus -> US army ranger rambo killers (12/8/2001 10:12:00 PM)

I was taking a small scale fight between Germany and US army in august 1948. We had only 8 units and 3 tanks. I chose my soldiers to be German Spec ops. My opponent used US army rangers.
First Encounter: I was hiding in stone building and opponet moved his troops next to me also to stone building. I shot him with OP fire no casualties. He shot me 6 casualties and I shot back i killed one. Hes shot back 3 casualties. Specs ops was goner.
Second Encounter: I was hiding in slope next to building. Enemy moved to plain hex next to wooden building. I shot him with OP fire again. I killed one. He shot back 6 casualties for me with SMGs and 1 with BAR and Specs ops was goner. I could continue this. Those rangers slaugthered me. There were also third time they shot 6 of my guys and couple times 4 at once and always i thought that i had some cover. Is those rangers supposed to be such killers that German Spec ops has nothing to to them. Historic Ratings option was on so there 10 point difference in base experience between German and US.

sebagonzalez -> (12/8/2001 10:26:00 PM)

I play almost always with the germans and the most respected army in the game to me is the US one. The small weapons the infantry has is a real pain in the ass for every oponent (specially those moth.. fu... rifles they have), although their tanks suck, but this is another subject. Their small weapons are incerdibly good.
Play Wild Bill´s Campaign of the Hurtgen forest so u can know the weakness and power of your enemy in the forthcoming games.

NeoWhiteWolf -> (12/9/2001 12:40:00 AM)

Remember Cirrus i think thesse is where OOB or whatever (The merits and flaws files) is hurting yoiu..in 1948 germany was still in ruins i geuss....

Mikimoto -> (12/9/2001 1:11:00 AM)

Hola Cirrus. How don't you know that USA squads had so high firepower?... it is historycal, perfectly featured in the game mechanics. German Brandeburgers where the FIRST special Operations troops of WWII... doesn't matter... but they weren't Americans... and their MP38/40, MG-42's, etc.. were really inferior to US weapons...

Cirrus -> (12/9/2001 1:31:00 AM)

Greetings Mikimoto.
That must be it it [ December 08, 2001: Message edited by: Cirrus ]

Frank W. -> (12/9/2001 2:04:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by Mikimoto:
Hola Cirrus. How don't you know that USA squads had so high firepower?... it is historycal, perfectly featured in the game mechanics. German Brandeburgers where the FIRST special Operations troops of WWII... doesn't matter... but they weren't Americans... and their MP38/40, MG-42's, etc.. were really inferior to US weapons...

MG42??? one of the best MG´s ever made?? no! but the US rifles and submachine guns were better.
and US arty. and i didn´t notice that the m4 a3 or easy8 were that bad. not to mention the jackson or pershings. greeetinx f.

Mikimoto -> (12/9/2001 4:45:00 AM)

Greetings Frank. Sorry, I was sarcastic... Dont see it?... I am absolutely pro-German... and they were the BEST... They did the best with not always the best... until mere weight of numbers defeated them... Stalin said quantity had a quality by itself... and US agree in fact... and the MG-42 is in my High opinion the BEST and FINEST Machinegun in WWII... and Americans Foughted well... when they had overhelming support by planes and artillery... if not... Glups!... dont you remember "combat fatigue" ratios in US army?... fairly superior to all countries involved... and sorry for my bad english... Ouuch! You will flame me... but I like it...

Hades -> (12/9/2001 12:33:00 PM)

I agree the MG-42 is a major pain.

Frank W. -> (12/9/2001 2:14:00 PM)

quote:

Originally posted by Mikimoto:
Greetings Frank. Sorry, I was sarcastic... Dont see it?... I am absolutely pro-German... and they were the BEST... They did the best with not always the best... until mere weight of numbers defeated them... Stalin said quantity had a quality by itself... and US agree in fact... and the MG-42 is in my High opinion the BEST and FINEST Machinegun in WWII... and Americans Foughted well... when they had overhelming support by planes and artillery... if not... Glups!... dont you remember "combat fatigue" ratios in US army?... fairly superior to all countries involved... and sorry for my bad english... Ouuch! You will flame me... but I like it...

in some fight americans did well even without heavy support.... e.g. ardennes or some pacific fight´s. in my opinion the US .50 cal mg is better than mg42,cause u can crack light armor with that,too but,f. killing men,okay mg42 is best besides: it doesn´t matter how good/bad gerries fought - they lost and were on the evil side.... greeetiinnx

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI