Southeast Asian Armies (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

Blackhorse -> Southeast Asian Armies (6/6/2004 10:07:52 PM)

I was interested to see in one of the AARs that Chinese intervention in Vietnam triggers the creation of Vietnamese National troops. How does WiTP model other "minor country" forces, specifically:

1. Thailand.

2. The Indian National Army (captured Indian Soldiers who agreed to fight against the Allies). I found a year-old thread on this subject, but no indication of how the game intended to handle them.

Mr.Frag -> RE: Southeast Asian Armies (6/6/2004 10:17:19 PM)

Up to 4 Divisions will spring to life should Japan move any troops within 1 hex of the border. They enter at half strength then fill in over time.

Brady -> RE: Southeast Asian Armies (6/6/2004 11:07:43 PM)

To the best of my knowledge:

"1. Thailand. "

Not modled.

"2. The Indian National Army (captured Indian Soldiers who agreed to fight against the Allies). I found a year-old thread on this subject, but no indication of how the game intended to handle them. "

Not Modeled.

I hope I am wrong but I beleave this was the last I heard when I asked.

Blackhorse -> RE: Southeast Asian Armies (6/7/2004 12:28:24 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brady

To the best of my knowledge:

"1. Thailand. "

Not modled.

"2. The Indian National Army (captured Indian Soldiers who agreed to fight against the Allies). I found a year-old thread on this subject, but no indication of how the game intended to handle them. "

Not Modeled.

I hope I am wrong but I beleave this was the last I heard when I asked.

Thanks for the info. Leaving out Thailand is understandable . . . its troops briefly assisted Japan for a week or so, and that was all . . . but in a game that includes PT Boat Replenishment Ships, and models individual pilots, it doesn't make much sense to leave out the 25,000 - 45,000 Indian troops that Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose organized into 4 brigade-sized "divisions" by the end of 1943 to fight alongside the Japanese.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI