(Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

brianleeprice -> (12/13/2001 8:41:00 PM)

quote:

Originally posted by Halgary:
Excellent game is now even better! I like especially the new OOBs. btw. Is it just my computer, or does anyone else have trouble loading "WWII Campaign" saved games? I mean those that you save right after you win a battle. Game seems to hang up every time. In-game saves work fine.
Here I thought it was just me. I've just been saving at the beginning of the next battle. Brian

bobaloo000 -> (12/14/2001 5:01:00 AM)

I noticed that my 1942 era Japanese Para's are not nearly as deadly as they used to be.

AmmoSgt -> (12/14/2001 5:13:00 AM)

On those "duplicate" AT Guns you might want to look at the ammo loads , in some cases availablity dates dictate the availability of APCR rounds , and in others the secondary weapon changes.

Paul Vebber -> (12/14/2001 7:14:00 AM)

SMG's were throttled back a fair bit...

Banjo -> (12/14/2001 7:57:00 AM)

I have been playing Civilization 3 since it came out and SPWAW has been idle in my machine for several months. I Still enjoy lurking the forums though. SPWAW is the best wargame out there, and have just downloaedthe 7.0 upgrade. I thinkk that I am about to get reacquainted with my one of my fav games again momentarily. Happy holidays to all!!! THANK YOU MATRIX

McGib -> (12/14/2001 9:03:00 AM)

I've only encountered one small problem. 2 saved game files cause the game to crash when I try to load them. I have tried a couple of others with no problem. Not a big thing just thought I'd mention it in case this small problem gets bigger. I do recall now one other observation. Playing a ww2 campaign (started in V6.1) V.7 was loaded during a battle. When I completed this battle I was surprised to find I had gotten a draw. I had taken about 40 causualties and lost 3 apc's. The AI had lost over 180 men, three at/aa guns and I had captured all VH's. Now I've read that the oob's have changed, could this be the reason why what I expected to be at least a MV to turn out as a draw? Excellent work Matrix, can't wait to try out the two-player campaigns!

RockinHarry -> (12/14/2001 7:06:00 PM)

Just downloaded the new V7 package and will check things tonight! _________
Harry

bobaloo000 -> (12/15/2001 12:49:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by McGib:
I do recall now one other observation. Playing a ww2 campaign (started in V6.1) V.7 was loaded during a battle. When I completed this battle I was surprised to find I had gotten a draw. I had taken about 40 causualties and lost 3 apc's. The AI had lost over 180 men, three at/aa guns and I had captured all VH's. Now I've read that the oob's have changed, could this be the reason why what I expected to be at least a MV to turn out as a draw?

Now that you mention it I encountered the same thing. I took all VH's, killed over 170+ AI troops and only got a draw. I looked at the map of the battlefield for over ten minutes trying to figure out why. First thing I noticed was some of the VH's appeared to be valued rather low. Now I'm questioning if the upgrade knocked the OOB's out of whack. I have the battle saved on my laptop, I'm going to finish it (have not upgraded) and see what happens. [ December 14, 2001: Message edited by: bobaloo000 ]

Krec -> (12/17/2001 8:24:00 AM)

all is well , just finished a test scenario , July 43, and boy was it fun...............thanks to all who made V7 possible

john g -> (12/17/2001 9:20:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by McGib:
I do recall now one other observation. Playing a ww2 campaign (started in V6.1) V.7 was loaded during a battle. When I completed this battle I was surprised to find I had gotten a draw. I had taken about 40 causualties and lost 3 apc's. The AI had lost over 180 men, three at/aa guns and I had captured all VH's. Now I've read that the oob's have changed, could this be the reason why what I expected to be at least a MV to turn out as a draw?

This same sort of thing happened when I started a campaign back with v2 and upgraded thru v4.3b, each time I upgraded the next battle would end in a draw. And my draws were even more lopsided, I was consistantly winning with 8-1 (up to over 100-1) or more decisives, so the first time I upgraded and got a draw I was really taken aback. But since there had been a warning that save games would act funny, I just shrugged it off and continued on. Now when I upgrade I just flush the save games and start over.
thanks, John.

Capt. Pixel -> (12/19/2001 7:47:00 AM)

Thrilled with 7.0 the only real problem I've had is making sure that all my PBEM buddies get upgraded with me. No complaints. But then, I was quite satisfied with 5.1 too. Thanks Matrix

st_jeanluc -> (12/20/2001 5:40:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by Brian Price:
Here I thought it was just me. I've just been saving at the beginning of the next battle. Brian
Got the same problem opening saved games in a WWII campaign. In addition, I have encountered one problem during the campaign when gaming against the US Army. I get the message "Waiting for other players to sync..." when I end my turn. Games against Russian or British seem OK! JL

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI