how to retreat well (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

madclicker -> how to retreat well (12/13/2001 6:53:00 PM)

I'm now a bit more familiar with SP:WAW and PBEM a lot, I have nevertheless encountered an ailment that I don't find my way around !
I used paratroops in a battle (attack vs attack) play to slow down the advance of my ennemy.
My pb is : as soon as the squads retreat or rout, they jump into the jaws of the ennemy, hide on the wrong side of smokes aso.. There must be a way to avoid this pb but i Can't find one ? Help would be appreciated by my poor paratroopers !

Warrior -> (12/13/2001 7:03:00 PM)

It all depends on where the retreat flags are placed.

toundra -> (12/13/2001 8:14:00 PM)

An answer from warrior?!
Funny

madclicker -> (12/13/2001 11:24:00 PM)

thanks Warrior ! (nice signature)
My question then becomes how can i affect Retreat flags to specific units ? Is it possible to do so?

lnp4668 -> (12/13/2001 11:27:00 PM)

quote:

Originally posted by madclicker:
My question then becomes how can i affect Retreat flags to specific units ? Is it possible to do so?

This is the problem with partisans and paratroopers. They will retreat toward your side since the retreat flag is set for the entire side. So the short answer is no.

Warrior -> (12/14/2001 7:54:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by madclicker:

You can't change them for specific units, only the entire side.

Warrior -> (12/14/2001 7:59:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by toundra:
An answer from warrior?!
Funny

I'm making up for the time I lost during the making of Operation Watchtower. I've managed to get my 1000 posts in for the year, even with 6 weeks off when I was not checking the Forum regularly. Of course, it would probably be more impressive if I knew what I was talking about when I post!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI