Advice to newguys here in the Pacific (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific

m10bob -> Advice to newguys here in the Pacific (6/14/2004 9:02:49 PM)

Don't get too involved with your 1st few games(or "starts" as I like to call them,and don't get discouraged or sick when you lose carriers right off the bat..)
The best admiral in the world started out with lots of training and room for error,but you start out as the admiral and will make mistakes till you create your own strategies and sytems that work for you..Just take some time and keep your feet dry..[:D]

AmiralLaurent -> RE: Advice to newguys here in the Pacific (6/14/2004 9:28:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: m10bob

don't get discouraged or sick when you lose carriers right off the bat..)

Well that is probaly the best start for a newbie. Then you may look at your other ships rather than concentrate on CV only as many people (including me) did in their first games. Once you know the game, you use CV between 5 and 10% of the time and let them in port the other days.

marky -> RE: Advice to newguys here in the Pacific (6/17/2004 6:00:38 AM)

5 to 10 %

wat about the shipping raids

and raids on ASW huks?

among other missions

AmiralLaurent -> RE: Advice to newguys here in the Pacific (6/17/2004 1:21:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: marky

5 to 10 %

wat about the shipping raids

and raids on ASW huks?

among other missions

Shipping raids will usually sink some PC and AP at the minimal cost of big extents of fuel, some planes and valuable pilots and SYS damage to your whole combat fllet. And the maximal coast may be some CVs, as you are playing in enemy land. Really not worth it in PBEM. In all my games now, CV are only used by both players to support or stop invasion fleets and big convoys.
In my first games I was an user of periodical shipping raid but some bad surprises changed my mind.

As for ASW, it enters in the 5-10 % of activity. Only useful if your opponent has a lot of submarines in the same area, that PBEM players quickly learn it's a bad idea.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI