Back to SPWAW (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Intoxicated Man -> Back to SPWAW (6/20/2004 7:39:14 PM)

Hi there,
I'm considering coming back to SPWAW and I've re-installed my old copy. Problem is I need to update since my version is 5.0!!!.
Do I need to download all 400-odd MB? or can I download only the relevant patches?. I'm in Russia and with my internet conection I pay per Mb downloaded so the whole game is a no-no for me. I've checked the official web site for the game but I can't find anything. Am I overviewing something?
Many thanks for your help

Paranormalix -> RE: Back to SPWAW (6/20/2004 7:57:52 PM)

Join us who have waited for a VERY LONG time for the coming update and latest version of SPWAW.
And when the 8.2 is out, then download whole 400+ Mb file.
If I remember correct, 8.0 was a version with no patch, so if You want to play any newer version, You have to download one huge install file.[:D]

Intoxicated Man -> RE: Back to SPWAW (6/20/2004 8:13:26 PM)

understand
thanks for your reply

btw: what's new since v5.0[:)]

Steve Wilcox -> RE: Back to SPWAW (6/20/2004 10:15:46 PM)

Hi Intoxicated Man, this won't help you with version 8.0, but these patches will take you up to version 7.1, just in case you're interested and weren't aware of where to find them.[:)]

http://www.geocities.com/colonel_von_blitz/update/update.htm

Intoxicated Man -> RE: Back to SPWAW (6/20/2004 10:54:01 PM)

thanks Steve, I just realized I might have v7.1 after all.
So nobody plays the old version now?
And what are the improvements over the previous version?
cheers

rbrunsman -> RE: Back to SPWAW (6/21/2004 7:55:37 AM)

I still have v7.1 on my computer. I don't think everyone has given up on it.

You could get the H2H.fr version from Panzer Leo. I think that was just a patch and lots of people play H2H. For some people, it is the only version they play.

RB

Intoxicated Man -> RE: Back to SPWAW (6/21/2004 12:11:53 PM)

you mean internet play? that's interesting.
where can I get that patch?

robot -> RE: Back to SPWAW (6/21/2004 2:49:11 PM)

thats not a patch either. A completely new install seperate from all the others. Thats h2h fr i mean. 8.1 D is a new install too not a patch. Anything after 7.1 is a fresh install. And it looks like 8 is goin to be too. Wait for the new 8 and save the hassel. Also start lookin for someone to send you the disk if your in russia. Good luck we are all waiting for 8 too so get in line or stay with 7 like most of us are.

VikingNo2 -> RE: Back to SPWAW (6/21/2004 10:22:09 PM)

Hi Intoxicated man, email me you address and I will send you a CD with 7.1 and H2H with patches for 8.01 and 7.11. If you would like [:)][8D]

Intoxicated Man -> RE: Back to SPWAW (6/24/2004 7:08:03 PM)

Hi VikingNo2,
Thanks a lot for your kind offer, but don't bother. The post system here is really bad. I can download h2h, and I'll download the rest once I'm back to civilization [:)]

bchapman -> RE: Back to SPWAW (6/24/2004 11:21:36 PM)

quote:

you mean internet play? that's interesting.
where can I get that patch

H2H isn't for internet play. It is designed with PBEM in mind. If you like playing PBEM, then H2H is the best mod in most people's minds. You can download it here:

Panzer Leo's H2H

quote:

I'll download the rest once I'm back to civilization

Are you in Iraq or Afganistan? If so, good luck, God Bless, and I pray for you guys every day.

Intoxicated Man -> RE: Back to SPWAW (6/25/2004 10:01:23 AM)

quote:

H2H isn't for internet play. It is designed with PBEM in mind. If you like playing PBEM, then H2H is the best mod in most people's minds. You can download it here:

thanks for the link. I thought h2h is the thing for internet play, what do you use then if you have v7.1?

quote:

Are you in Iraq or Afganistan? If so, good luck, God Bless, and I pray for you guys every day.

Russia man, I'm in Russia.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI