Almighty USMC (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

alassi -> Almighty USMC (12/23/2001 2:47:00 AM)

Hi all wargamers! Played last night as Japanese, a defence scenario, which means that i was dug in! Waiting...there they come..aim shoot, missed!
They come closer to my dug in soldiers. Wham! They just wiped 5 men of by one single shot! Hmm..this isnīt very funny So i just wondered, why the heck have the designers have to make USMC so good? I mean that storming dug in soldiers like that should at least cost something!? I understand that the gamemakers are from U.S, but please! Thats to obvious! By the way..thanks for a GREAT game! Happy holidays!

Drex -> (12/23/2001 3:10:00 AM)

Hi Alassi! Guess what? I had a whole squad of marines eliminated in one burst by a SNLF unit so I think it is the terrain that the men are caught in. If they are out in the open then kiss their asses good-bye

BryanMelvin -> (12/23/2001 3:51:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by alassi:
Hi all wargamers! Played last night as Japanese, a defence scenario, which means that i was dug in! Waiting...there they come..aim shoot, missed!
They come closer to my dug in soldiers. Wham! They just wiped 5 men of by one single shot! Hmm..this isnīt very funny So i just wondered, why the heck have the designers have to make USMC so good? I mean that storming dug in soldiers like that should at least cost something!? I understand that the gamemakers are from U.S, but please! Thats to obvious! By the way..thanks for a GREAT game! Happy holidays!

Which scenario was it in?

Redleg -> (12/23/2001 4:47:00 AM)

Also, which version of the game? This is nothing like I have been seeing.... and I have logged many hours of USMC vs Japan in the last several months...using V7

Kuroshio Apocal -> (12/23/2001 5:42:00 AM)

Aren't you supposed to test the situation and re-test before reporting this kind of thing?

Warrior -> (12/23/2001 2:49:00 PM)

What was the date of the fight? Later in the war the USMC are VERY tough. Also, you may only hear a single shot, but there were usually more than one in actuality. And you want super-guys? Wait til you have a Tiger tank destroyed by a British FO armed only with a pistol! Now, THAT'S a pisser!! [ December 23, 2001: Message edited by: Warrior ]

KG Erwin -> (12/23/2001 10:34:00 PM)

Lately I've been playing exclusively USMC vs Japan. Great matchups between the two best infantry units in the SPWaW system. I recently bought "Fighting Techniques of A US Marine", by Leo J. Daugherty III. A slim volume, but it's packed with info on the weapons, training, tactics & organizational changes between 1941-45. It's fascinating to play out a long campaign from Aug 42 on. The transition in force structure over the years is represented well, IMHO, as is the change in emphasis from jungle fighting to "bunker-busting". As for the "almighty USMC", well, by 1945 these guys WERE the best in the world.

Wild Bill -> (12/23/2001 10:37:00 PM)

Glenn, I desperately need that book for a project in which I am currently involved (Not MC-W). Would you tell me where I can get that book? I'd be very grateful...WB

Wild Bill -> (12/23/2001 10:38:00 PM)

I too would like to know which scenario it was that you were playing...WB

KG Erwin -> (12/23/2001 10:40:00 PM)

Well, hello, Bill. Pleased to hear from you. I got my copy through the Military Book Club, and it's also available thru Amazon. Good luck in your next project. Glenn.

Wild Bill -> (12/23/2001 11:29:00 PM)

Thanks, KG! I have got it ordered. I appreciate the guidance...WB

alassi -> (12/26/2001 7:52:00 AM)

Hi guys! Sorry i didnīt reply earlier..
Well it wasnīt a particular scenario, i just tested a generated battle USMC against Japs in 1942.
Thanks for all the great answers, terrain..etc. I did generate another battle the other day, but this time i did choose my "dug-in" places more carefully! It did get better!! Happy holidays you all!!

AC -> (12/27/2001 7:21:00 PM)

quote:

Originally posted by KG Erwin:
Well, hello, Bill. Pleased to hear from you. I got my copy through the Military Book Club, and it's also available thru Amazon. Good luck in your next project. Glenn.
Hi KG Erwin! Is that Military Book Club accessible trough the Internet?
Thanks AC

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI