Where are you checking first? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

incbob -> Where are you checking first? (6/29/2004 7:29:22 PM)

So....while we wait for the DD to come around where are you checking to see if it is posted?

The forums....
The War in The Pacific "Buy" website...
The Home page of Matrix....
The Matrix Store...
or maybe you rotate?

Where is your place of choice?

PlacidDragon -> RE: Where are you checking first? (6/29/2004 7:39:38 PM)

Hopping between the forums and the Matrix store [:)]

kaleun -> RE: Where are you checking first? (6/29/2004 7:40:41 PM)

The forums mostly, I figure a big announcement from whoever is the first to DD it will occur.[:)] perhaps this year[;)]

byron13 -> RE: Where are you checking first? (6/29/2004 7:42:32 PM)

Yeah, I figure the first people to see the DD offered will first try and download it. Only after they've downloaded will they post on the forum. But they will post (more to brag than anything else) immediately after the download is complete. I don't think anyone will miss the forum post, and that's all I'm bothering to check.

byron13 -> RE: Where are you checking first? (6/29/2004 7:43:12 PM)

What the heck:

BUMP

Grotius -> RE: Where are you checking first? (6/29/2004 7:45:55 PM)

Well, Marc just posted in another thread that he'd be "surprised" if it were up today. Rats! Maybe tomorrow?

daft -> RE: Where are you checking first? (6/29/2004 7:50:00 PM)

Well, tomorrow would be perfect. I've got thursday and friday off, so it's a long weekend for me. Don't kill me, I'm just trying to stay positive. [8D]

byron13 -> RE: Where are you checking first? (6/29/2004 7:56:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grotius

Well, Marc just posted in another thread that he'd be "surprised" if it were up today. Rats! Maybe tomorrow?

Where was this? With all the lurkers buzzing around, the forum is going crazy!

IanLister -> RE: Where are you checking first? (6/29/2004 7:58:29 PM)

In answer to the original question:
bank balance.....OK
updated sound drivers and dx9....OK
free time over next few days....OK
jobs round house done....OK.

That just leaves my blood pressure....which seems to get a little higher each time I look on here, like ten times every 5 minutes or so.

Yank -> RE: Where are you checking first? (6/29/2004 7:59:54 PM)

I need to update my sound card drivers?

daft -> RE: Where are you checking first? (6/29/2004 8:01:18 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: byron13

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grotius

Where was this? With all the lurkers buzzing around, the forum is going crazy!

It's in the "How many copies......" thread.

IanLister -> RE: Where are you checking first? (6/29/2004 8:02:58 PM)

I read something about updating sound card drivers somewhere on here yesterday, so I thought I'd get it out of the way; the download is going to take a while on an ISDN line at 128k, without then having another 33 meg to do straight after!!!! Of course, it might not have been necessary, but after 20 years wait for this game I'd rather be ready to play it.

FirstPappy -> RE: Where are you checking first? (6/29/2004 8:05:52 PM)

If you've not updated your sound card in 20 years then now might be a good time to do so.

Jonny_B -> RE: Where are you checking first? (6/29/2004 8:07:47 PM)

[:)][:)][:)]

When the number of users signed onto this forum suddenly drops off, about 50% I think, then I will know something is up!!!!!!!

[;)][;)]

IanLister -> RE: Where are you checking first? (6/29/2004 8:10:11 PM)

It certainly seems like it at the moment....time goes so slowly when you're waiting for something!!!

FirstPappy -> RE: Where are you checking first? (6/29/2004 8:10:51 PM)

I feel your pain ...

IanLister -> RE: Where are you checking first? (6/29/2004 8:16:47 PM)

You know, I was so desperate I seriously considered flying to Origins to buy the game....then someone told me Columbus wasn't a great place to visit. But I really don't know, as I haven't visited the States yet. Nearly talked my wife into it though.............[;)]

mbatch729 -> RE: Where are you checking first? (6/29/2004 8:16:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pappy

I feel your pain ...

I'm living your pain...[sm=00000003.gif]

IanLister -> RE: Where are you checking first? (6/29/2004 8:20:55 PM)

I'm actually living my own pain...I slipped a disc in my spine about a week ago.

Jonny_B -> RE: Where are you checking first? (6/29/2004 8:23:21 PM)

[8D][8D]

Mr. IanLister:

You nearly talked your wife into taking a trip to Columbus, Ohio, so you could buy a computer game.

I salute you and your lovely wife.

Mr.Frag -> RE: Where are you checking first? (6/29/2004 8:24:31 PM)

The big question is:

When you see it available, are you going to instantly start downloading or come here and post first? [:D]

PlacidDragon -> RE: Where are you checking first? (6/29/2004 8:24:40 PM)

Ouch, my sympathies! I did that a number of years ago, and god did it ever hurt [X(]

PlacidDragon -> RE: Where are you checking first? (6/29/2004 8:26:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr.Frag

The big question is:

When you see it available, are you going to instantly start downloading or come here and post first? [:D]

I would imagine the person starting the download, then coming in here to tell the "horde" that the game is available [:)] (or of course, if he is paranoid about the possibility of getting reduced download speed, tell everyone after downloading it, hehe).

Mr.Frag -> RE: Where are you checking first? (6/29/2004 8:26:48 PM)

quote:

(or of course, if he is paranoid about the possibility of getting reduced download speed, tell everyone after downloading it, hehe).

Thats the one I figured on [:D]

IanLister -> RE: Where are you checking first? (6/29/2004 8:27:12 PM)

Post first? And let you get ahead of me? Not all Englishmen are gentlemen, Mr Frag.[sm=00000030.gif]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI