Notice a huge number lurking in forum at all hours (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

Pascal_slith -> Notice a huge number lurking in forum at all hours (6/30/2004 10:11:01 AM)

I noticed the greater than normal number of anxious potential buyers lurking here these past two days. Does everyone regularly check the 'Store'? Like every hour? [:D][:D] Every 30 minutes? [:D][:D][:D]

Odin -> RE: Notice a huge number lurking in forum at all hours (6/30/2004 10:12:28 AM)

Nearly every 30 minutes[:D]

Canīt wait...i need the stuff![:D]

cpt_Venomous -> RE: Notice a huge number lurking in forum at all hours (6/30/2004 10:16:31 AM)

logged int matrix earlier today and saw over 400 people being on at once, talk about scary

Pascal_slith -> RE: Notice a huge number lurking in forum at all hours (6/30/2004 10:23:18 AM)

Can you imagine the server breakdown when we all log in for digital download? [:@]

Odin -> RE: Notice a huge number lurking in forum at all hours (6/30/2004 10:28:26 AM)

I believe the server will face some problems....but i hope not so big problems that the people who buy CDīs in the shop will get their games earlier[:D]

cpt_Venomous -> RE: Notice a huge number lurking in forum at all hours (6/30/2004 10:31:21 AM)

how big is download?

Antonius -> RE: Notice a huge number lurking in forum at all hours (6/30/2004 10:50:56 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Odin

I believe the server will face some problems....but i hope not so big problems that the people who buy CDīs in the shop will get their games earlier[:D]

I have grown a great interest in the "forgotten" Pacific War thanks to UV, I have quite a number of free hours ahead as the Euro 2004 football competition is coming to an end, I have a friend anxious to start a WitP pbem game so nothing short of an galactical catastrophe is going to stop me from trying to download the game.

PlacidDragon -> RE: Notice a huge number lurking in forum at all hours (6/30/2004 11:08:42 AM)

The download should be less than 512 MB's. As for the server breaking down, Digital River should easily be able to handle anything Matrix manages to throw at them (if what they are writing on their webpage is anything but patting themselves on the back of course....lol) [:)]

This webpage on the other hand, is a different matter. Its going fairly slow (even tho i have a 2 Mbit DSL connection at home), and its not noticeably faster here at work either (100 mbit or gigabit connection, i forget). In any case, its *awfully* fast...lol. If 500 people simultaniously try to DD through Matrix's server, that might kneel from the pressure, we'll see when DD becomes available [:)]

Jonny_B -> RE: Notice a huge number lurking in forum at all hours (6/30/2004 5:00:42 PM)

[;)][;)]

Mr. Pascal:

I am not lurking, I am waiting and waiting and waiting dam it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

52nd Lowland -> RE: Notice a huge number lurking in forum at all hours (6/30/2004 5:02:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jonny_B

[;)][;)]

Mr. Pascal:

I am not lurking, I am waiting and waiting and waiting dam it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the rest.....

The Gnome -> RE: Notice a huge number lurking in forum at all hours (6/30/2004 5:02:50 PM)

So you mean staying up until 3am hitting <F5> is a bad idea? Not that I'm doing that or anything.....

drw61 -> RE: Notice a huge number lurking in forum at all hours (6/30/2004 5:03:51 PM)

Its every hour or so, my wife and kids think I've lost what little gray matter I ever had......

Mr.Frag -> RE: Notice a huge number lurking in forum at all hours (6/30/2004 5:05:50 PM)

quote:

So you mean staying up until 3am hitting <F5> is a bad idea? Not that I'm doing that or anything.....

Well, it's a tad silly but ...

You do understand that Digital River is a company staffed by employees right? They work business hours. Very little point pounding on them outside of business hours because there is nobody home. [:D]

Jonny_B -> RE: Notice a huge number lurking in forum at all hours (6/30/2004 5:09:26 PM)

[:(][:(][:(]

I am not sure, but I believe I am starting to dream about Witp.
Such as, first moves, where I will attack first and, what WHAT WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do not even own the game yet, and it has affected my sleep. Ouch!

jhdeerslayer -> RE: Notice a huge number lurking in forum at all hours (6/30/2004 5:09:33 PM)

Digital River is in Minnesota to I believe if that helps the time zone relevant lurkers.

The Gnome -> RE: Notice a huge number lurking in forum at all hours (6/30/2004 5:10:43 PM)

quote:

Well, it's a tad silly but ...

You do understand that Digital River is a company staffed by employees right? They work business hours. Very little point pounding on them outside of business hours because there is nobody home.

I was exagerrating, but that's what it feels like at any rate. ;)

Mr.Frag -> RE: Notice a huge number lurking in forum at all hours (6/30/2004 5:13:28 PM)

quote:

I was exagerrating, but that's what it feels like at any rate. ;)

You might be, but I bet there were a lot of people pounding on the site after hours [;)]

hithere -> RE: Notice a huge number lurking in forum at all hours (6/30/2004 5:15:38 PM)

I have found that if you take finishing nails and drive them into you arm's, it helps with the anxiety [sm=00000734.gif]

Mr.Frag -> RE: Notice a huge number lurking in forum at all hours (6/30/2004 5:17:16 PM)

quote:

I have found that if you take finishing nails and drive them into you arm's, it helps with the anxiety

Yikes, remind me to let you win if we ever play! [X(]

hithere -> RE: Notice a huge number lurking in forum at all hours (6/30/2004 5:17:30 PM)

also...my smilie is not intended to acually point to anyone [:'(]

nmzoomie -> RE: Notice a huge number lurking in forum at all hours (6/30/2004 7:02:17 PM)

I have lurked in the barren land of New Mexico for many cycles of the moon, with grim determination, knowing that release of this mighty wargaming saga will come soon enough. I have read the many messages on these structures you computer savvy war gamers refer to as "threads", and I say to you and all wargaming kin that these are good times indeed. Prepare youselves for a long, hard battle against a devious computerized foe, but know this, you can and will succeed.

P.S. Cheesy and overdramatic? Ja oder nein?

Captain Ed -> RE: Notice a huge number lurking in forum at all hours (6/30/2004 7:23:17 PM)

Does anyone know what will happen to our purchases if the system does a face plant[:(][&:]

BoerWar -> RE: Notice a huge number lurking in forum at all hours (6/30/2004 7:24:54 PM)

Kase, Ja

freeboy -> RE: Notice a huge number lurking in forum at all hours (6/30/2004 7:25:22 PM)

You should get a authorization code.. and have a thirty day dd window.. it is recommended with dd to make a copy.. or order one

Captain Ed -> RE: Notice a huge number lurking in forum at all hours (6/30/2004 7:33:15 PM)

Doesn`t the authorization code come after you have downloaded I am assuming Matrix`s
system will be overtaxed and no such code will come will your credit card still be billed as I have a suspicion that the billing and ordering functions are seperate entitie`s[8|]

kaleun -> RE: Notice a huge number lurking in forum at all hours (6/30/2004 7:38:00 PM)

We are all afraid that we will swamp DR, but I strongly believe that, even if we all hit the purchase now button within the same second, we would not overwhelm DR.
Let's remember, we are only a small group of grogs, as far as this things go.
[8|]

Captain Ed -> RE: Notice a huge number lurking in forum at all hours (6/30/2004 7:43:26 PM)

Thanks I`ll go with your answer right or wrong cause its the one I wanted to hear[&o]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI