Organic Air units in Core Force? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

troopie -> Organic Air units in Core Force? (12/26/2001 2:23:00 AM)

I'm playing a generated Campaign, Anzac against chicoms. I am the Anzacs. I have an experienced company of infantry, two SAS troops for recce, a mortar battery and a SPA section with forward observers, and some odd infantry in my core force. Due to the weather, Every scenario so far has been night or bad weather, I have not had any air support. Does anyone reccommend changing some of the odd infantry for a couple of strike aircraft? Because we're in the jungle, and the enemy is the Chicoms, I don't think I need worry too much about enemy armour. Dankie

Warrior -> (12/26/2001 2:51:00 AM)

Personally, I'd leave aircraft for support purchase if the weather is right, and get more SAS in the core.

john g -> (12/26/2001 6:11:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by troopie:
I'm playing a generated Campaign, Anzac against chicoms. I am the Anzacs. I have an experienced company of infantry, two SAS troops for recce, a mortar battery and a SPA section with forward observers, and some odd infantry in my core force. Due to the weather, Every scenario so far has been night or bad weather, I have not had any air support. Does anyone reccommend changing some of the odd infantry for a couple of strike aircraft? Because we're in the jungle, and the enemy is the Chicoms, I don't think I need worry too much about enemy armour. Dankie
Unless you plan to edit them in from outside the game, the upgrade/repair screen doesn't allow you to pick air units for your upgrades. Using air against an army with limited AA is sort of like shooting fish in a barrel. As it is the Chicoms hardly have any AT capability, even tanks are pretty tough for them to stop.
thanks, John.

troopie -> (12/26/2001 9:08:00 AM)

After an assault when most of my casualties came from enemy mines, I have decided to replace the odds and sods with a platoon of engineers. troopie

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI