colour corruption (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

proberts -> colour corruption (7/2/2004 11:41:48 AM)

whilst playing 8.20 on a xp machine the colours of the units turn to multicolours ,smoke is bright blue it even effects the menus i seem to remember this from earlier versions but it hasnt happened for a long time anybody remember what the problem was ? pity this is happening the new version seems just great

wodin -> RE: colour corruption (7/2/2004 12:58:20 PM)

I have no problem and am using XP

m10bob -> RE: colour corruption (7/2/2004 2:55:36 PM)

I experienced this on W98 and on XP if I had any other windows open at the same time.(SPWAW is a real power hog because of it's intense graphics and detail)..Close any other windows and in fact it's best to just open the game from a fresh boot rather than your CPU still providing power for closed applications...The problem should go away..If not,I suspect you have "hidden" applications running in the background,in which case I reccomend you acquire "Spookbot" or a similar application to check for same??(I got mine on download.com

Billy Yank -> RE: colour corruption (7/2/2004 4:14:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: fmphil

whilst playing 8.20 on a xp machine the colours of the units turn to multicolours ,smoke is bright blue it even effects the menus i seem to remember this from earlier versions but it hasnt happened for a long time anybody remember what the problem was ? pity this is happening the new version seems just great

I've had that happen when my automatic wallpaper changer switched pictures during a game. Do you have one of those running?

proberts -> RE: colour corruption (7/2/2004 9:00:12 PM)

thanks for the comments guys but i found the problem my cpu was running at 28-34% occupancy with nothing running at first thought it was spyware but it was a program called CISVC.EXE ( Microsoft Index Service Helper, )
a service that monitors the memory usage of Microsoft Indexing Service (cidaemon.exe) and automatically re-starts cidaemon.exe if it uses more than 40 MB of memory
i closed this down by stopping indexing services and all is well
8.20 seems to be very good the ai seems better anyway and the graphics crisper
regards phil

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI