How many man is in MG crew? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Jiri -> How many man is in MG crew? (12/30/2001 7:44:00 AM)

When I'm firing at enemy MG it happends quite often that I have to make 4 or 5 casualties to end his days. How is it possible when there should be a crew with 3 people? Is it some bug or something I don't know?

jonypure -> (12/30/2001 8:16:00 AM)

I know German crews usually or always number 4, other countries such as U.S. also has 4 and in some cases such as the armoured MG squad there is 9, but they also carry a bigger assortment of weapons such as grenades. Best thing to do is go through the encyclopedia and see what different countries have for MG crews.

Alexandra -> (12/30/2001 4:02:00 PM)

Also, if the MG team is in the same hex as another infantry type unit, you may not be hitting the MG team even if it's the target of your fire. Alex

Capt. Pixel -> (12/31/2001 6:43:00 AM)

If it's a Canadian 50 cal - they have six crew.

Jiri -> (12/31/2001 7:06:00 AM)

Thanks, but I meant something else. In some cases when the MG should have 3 man in squad, is alone on the hex and when I'm shooting on it, the game writes for example 1 casualty, then another 1, and finally 2 casualties plus survivors disperse. So it seems very strange to me when the MG with 3 men have so many casulaties and there was still somebody left to disperse. Does anyone have the same experiences or is more probably that there is some unit that is invisible to me and is taking casualties?
It wasn't a single case of that.

panda124c -> (12/31/2001 8:49:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by George H.:
Thanks, but I meant something else. In some cases when the MG should have 3 man in squad, is alone on the hex and when I'm shooting on it, the game writes for example 1 casualty, then another 1, and finally 2 casualties plus survivors disperse. So it seems very strange to me when the MG with 3 men have so many casulaties and there was still somebody left to disperse. Does anyone have the same experiences or is more probably that there is some unit that is invisible to me and is taking casualties?
It wasn't a single case of that.

Oh it's very simple the report lies, it does not tell you the exact number of casualties you caused. It is usually accrate so can be trusted most of the time. I have kill 12 men in a 6 man squad (British HQ). Watch out for those 13.7mm Italian HMGs they have 10 men.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI