Wild Bill cameo! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

rlc27 -> Wild Bill cameo! (12/30/2001 9:06:00 AM)

Hi, I was playing through a mission of MCNA last night, and lo and behold a certain very well-known paragon of scenario design and historical article authorship showed up to watch my panzers blast the British--just five minutes before the Desert Fox himself. I parked them together on a nearby hillock and wondered about the conversation they had: Rommel: "Blast those Matilda II tanks. They're impervious to the 3.7cm fire of our Panzer IIIe's! Good thing we've got a couple of 88's and some engineers, nearby, eh?" WB: "Well, actually, I put them both there myself. How do you like the map?" Rommel: "Look at my man oberst Dietsl fight. We've really got them on the run. You know, he's the second commander by that name I've had in charge of this unit during this campaign."

wulfir -> (12/30/2001 9:31:00 AM)

…You know, if I’m not mistaken there is an (aux) American airborne platoon leader in named Wilder one of the battles of the Preparing the Way campaign … sort of like having the director appearing in the movie.

mogami -> (12/30/2001 11:28:00 AM)

Greetings, one of the nice things about working on MegaCamp battle design is being able to sit your friends (or your self) into the game. I don't recall how many battles I put WB into in North Afrika. In MCNA there is a large calibur naval gun given as support to the axis called 'Bardia Bill' in your OB. In Watchtower lookout for the Zero that comes on a bombing run called 'Mogami'

Wild Bill -> (12/30/2001 6:56:00 PM)

I missed both of those, Mogami! I'll have to go take a look! Yes, Rommel Dietsl and I had a lot of long chats together through the dust and desert of North Africa. All three of us cried over those blasted Matildas. We even tried to steal three of them. Did you play that battle in the campaign? Now that one is a real corker. You have to sneak in, suddenly climb into the Matildas and drive them out of the tank part under fire. The nice thing, however, is that they ARE Matildas. The Germans did in fact use them when they could capture them intact or repair abandoned ones. They highly respected the armor (not the gun! ) I figured if old Alfred Hitchcock or Stephen King could put in appearances, I might do the same, though I'll certainly never reach the caliber of their work. It's still fun to peek in on you guys via the scenario, hearing the moans, curses, and cheers of battle! Wild Bill

rlc27 -> (12/31/2001 5:01:00 AM)

Well, I must admit that I felt honored to be visited by both Rommel and WB! Haven't yet gotten to the Matilda-stealing mission, but can't wait to give what I've gotten! Thanks for all the hours of fun, WB (and everyone else).

Grenadier -> (12/31/2001 6:56:00 AM)

Wait until you run into Leutnant Wilderz on the Eastern Front

RUsco -> (12/31/2001 7:06:00 AM)

Check the Agadabia Scenarioes. If I Recall, #2.

Wild Bill -> (12/31/2001 1:21:00 PM)

Whoa! I've been sent to the Eastern Front! ARGH! Thanks Grenadier and all of the rest of this thoughtful and full of surprises team. It is our pleasure to do all of this, Kendo. Letters like yours just fuel the fire of enthusiasm!... WB

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI