Has anybody had problems burning cds (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

madmickey -> Has anybody had problems burning cds (7/5/2004 12:09:38 AM)

After burning a copy of my downloaded install file to CD it would not install properly and gave me a compression error on Art files. I used Roxio and Nero software to burn it (I do not do a lot of CD burning). When I installed the program from my downloaded file it worked great. Has anybody else experience this problem? I may have to buy the disk.

Subchaser -> RE: Has anybody had problems burning cds (7/5/2004 12:23:18 AM)

Same problem here... and this makes me suspicious...

anybody else?

madmickey -> RE: Has anybody had problems burning cds (7/5/2004 12:25:37 AM)

Did you try using windows explorer to burn it as well?
Other than patches and a bunch of pictures I do not burn a lot of cds.

Subchaser -> RE: Has anybody had problems burning cds (7/5/2004 12:31:10 AM)

I did burn 3 CDs, all 3 turned out to be ‘bad’, 2 of them were made with Easy CD creator and 3rd one with MS program, I did everything as hundreds times before…

Peever -> RE: Has anybody had problems burning cds (7/5/2004 12:35:59 AM)

I had sucess buring the game to a CD. I used a CD-RW and used Roxio's Drag-to-Disc software.

Arnir -> RE: Has anybody had problems burning cds (7/5/2004 12:52:07 AM)

No problems for me. I used XP's burning utility.

Fred98 -> RE: Has anybody had problems burning cds (7/5/2004 1:20:25 AM)

You installed the game from the download, then uninstalled the game, then tried to install from the CD?

madmickey -> RE: Has anybody had problems burning cds (7/5/2004 1:42:09 AM)

I tried to install from burned cd this did not work, than I installed program from download files that worked fine.

Zorfwaddle -> RE: Has anybody had problems burning cds (7/5/2004 2:59:19 AM)

First thing I did after downloading was burn it to CD using Nero. I did the install on this machine from the setup file on my hard drive. After seeing this thread, I stuck the CD with the setup file into my laptop and did an install. No problems seen. If you are burning at max speed, try burning it slower.

Regards,

HawaiiFive-O -> RE: Has anybody had problems burning cds (7/5/2004 3:01:28 AM)

Burned to CD, installed from said CD.

No problems here.

Wolfpack_MatrixForum -> RE: Has anybody had problems burning cds (7/5/2004 3:15:14 AM)

Burned download installer to cd using nero. Installed on another pc with no problems.

Crimguy -> RE: Has anybody had problems burning cds (7/5/2004 3:19:02 AM)

Maybe it's an issue of the installer trying to create temp files on the cd? Did you try dragging the installer to the desktop then installing?

Tacoma -> RE: Has anybody had problems burning cds (7/5/2004 4:46:35 AM)

No, not me. I burned a CD-R and CD-RW.

Radzy -> RE: Has anybody had problems burning cds (7/5/2004 9:59:16 AM)

It seems like one of these strange Win issues when installing something from big files on cd. It happens sometimes, that you receive a crc error. It is somehow connected to CD/DVD-Rom speed and IDE controllers. For example I had quite modern CD on the ATA-33 cable (not 80-pin) and received many crc errors during several installations. The only way to handle this was to make an image, mounting it to virtual drive and use the original source after installation.

Regards,
Radzy

Hipper -> RE: Has anybody had problems burning cds (7/5/2004 9:20:41 PM)

I had to download via a friends broadband link & he burned me a cd using windows xp
works fine on my xp machine

whoo whoo ! I got it.... now what do I do with it ?

Alekks -> RE: Has anybody had problems burning cds (7/6/2004 1:50:54 AM)

I had some problems as well. I ordered 2 digital downloads. One for my friend who is still held hostage by 56k dialup and would take forever to download it at his house. After the downloads completed, I burned the two images to two different CD-Rs and noted the serial numbers.

Tryning to run the installation on my machine via the CD-R proved fruitless, I kept getting compression failure messages regarding the initial .avi file. So, I ran the installer from the hard drive and it installed flawlessly. I then took the other CD-R to my friend's house and it would not install there either. I kept getting an error message regarding one of the .pdf files and then crc errors. So, I tried to copy the file from the cd to his hard drive and that failed also.

I did eventually get it to work by burning the install file to a slower-speed rated CD-RW disc and made sure it would at least copy the file from that cd to my system. I then took that CD-RW to my friend's house and it installed without a problem....he has been playing it ever since. :)

This was at least a minor annoyance as I had purchased the CD on demand option, so we will be getting the cd for the game in a week or so, but it would have been very frustrating if I could not have gotten the game installed on his system from the digital download. Worked out fine in the end and now we are both playing the game heavily.

Zorfwaddle -> RE: Has anybody had problems burning cds (7/6/2004 2:19:44 AM)

Yep, burning at a slower speed will increase chances of a successful copy. I burn stuff at 12-16 consistently, and have never produced a bad disk in, oh, 4-5 years. Also, I dont multi-task while burning; you never can tell....

Regards,

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI