Can someone explain this? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

yamaslob -> Can someone explain this? (7/6/2004 2:50:38 AM)

I feel my ground forces are not being displayed properly.

I have launched an amphib attack on Saipan after a lengthy air campaign and many bombardments into the face of strong CD defence. As of now I have 11,000 Inf. 40,000 second line troops, with an asdsault strength of 875 or so.

The problem is that you cannot command them or click on them at all. When I try clicking on the units, a screen comes up that is supposed to list the units I have on Saipan except it is empty. All the information about the the units makeup is on the right hand side of the screen though. No matter which filter I use to view them, they never are displayed. They have been the subject of bombardment over the past couple of days from enemy defenders so they are indeed on the beaches at least.

Also , it is showing no supplies even though I have brought them.

Can someone tell me if this is normal and it it signifies units without a foothold although 40,000 troops seems a big foothold, more like the beginning of a beachhead.

yamaslob

2Stepper -> RE: Can someone explain this? (7/6/2004 2:55:24 AM)

Try clicking on the individual unit icons at the bottom of the screen. An INF unit is designated with a rectangle surrounding an X. That should bring up a more comprehensive detail of that unit including squads ordinance and vehicles as appropriate. You'll be able to tell them to attack, bombard, etc from there. ALSO, you'll be able to see how many supplies each unit has with them. Assuming all are unloaded from transports of course. [8D]

yamaslob -> RE: Can someone explain this? (7/6/2004 3:09:25 AM)

Well I can cycle through them that way. Thanks 2stepper I appreciate the help. I do wonder why the other screen is empty? It shows me the different filters.I guess I should note that I do not have control of the base. It is still in enemy hands. Could that be why units are not showing up?

thanks,
yamaslob

siRkid -> RE: Can someone explain this? (7/6/2004 3:25:50 AM)

I've seen this once before, let me know if they can be displayed on your next turn. When it happened to me, it corrected itself after one turn.

yamaslob -> RE: Can someone explain this? (7/6/2004 3:27:49 AM)

no, still the same. Not a gamestopper at least.

yamaslob

Mr.Frag -> RE: Can someone explain this? (7/6/2004 3:40:38 AM)

You got your filters turned off?

yamaslob -> RE: Can someone explain this? (7/6/2004 3:55:45 AM)

No I don't. Other locals show the screen correctly.

nmzoomie -> RE: Can someone explain this? (7/6/2004 9:19:58 PM)

I had the same problem with one of my Japanese landing forces near Singapore. I found that I could access them by right clicking on the red square with the X, which then listed them near the bottom of the screen. Hope that helps.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI