Question about objective flags (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center

John Galt -> Question about objective flags (7/6/2004 5:31:33 AM)

I guess I'm a little slow for I have just noticed this: victory hexes are not the same as objectives, evidently. Objective flags are only visible when certain units are clicked on. What does that mean? Only the units that turn on the flag can capture that objective, even though another of your side occupies the hex? I can't find this in the manual. Thanks for any answers.

Voriax -> RE: Question about objective flags (7/6/2004 2:53:16 PM)

Waypoints and objectives, manual page 56. This what you are looking after? Basically unless you play with c&c on or give some of your units to AI control you can ignore these flags.

Voriax

John Galt -> RE: Question about objective flags (7/6/2004 3:50:44 PM)

Voriax, Page 56 did not answer my question. It seems to be more for designing a scenario than playing one. The actual thing that happened was this: When I clicked on my Recon squad, an objective flag appeared. When I finally made my way to that hex unnoticed, the flag changed to a VH and I was awarded the points. I just went back into the game again and clicked some other units. Doesn't seem to be any consistency to it (not just the "0" unit). Some will "turn on" objective flags that were not been visible before. Those invisible hexes will become awarded to me when I get there. I don't know if it is only the units that turn on the flag that can capture that hex or can any of my units capture it. I will do some more research on it as the scenario progresses. BTW, I am not using C&C.

Losqualo -> RE: Question about objective flags (7/6/2004 4:03:20 PM)

Those flags are only needed while playing with C&C on.
With C&C on, your units try to get to the hex marked by the flag.
With C&C off, they are only confusing.

Voriax -> RE: Question about objective flags (7/6/2004 5:22:44 PM)

John, it could be that in this case the scenario designer had placed both invisible victory hex and an objective flag at the same position. I can't recall what is their 'official' name but the game has victory hexes that stay hidden until some unit enters the same hex. As for some units showing flags and some not, well it must be that the designer did not assign any objectives to them.
Oh, and what scenario?

Voriax

Losqualo -> RE: Question about objective flags (7/6/2004 5:42:52 PM)

I've seen those flags in the long campaign, so I guess the computer generates them too, no matter if needed or not.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI