Mines! Minen! ?? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center

Yamashita -> Mines! Minen! ?? (7/6/2004 3:52:54 PM)

Please vote! Mines On or Off ? Some say it takes too long to clear minefields to fit in the time scale of SPWAW battles i've heard.

What do you think ? Do you play with mines or not?

Losqualo -> RE: Mines! Minen! ?? (7/6/2004 4:00:15 PM)

Against the AI I play with mines off.
While playing PBEM I try to play with mines off.

VikingNo2 -> RE: Mines! Minen! ?? (7/7/2004 12:50:42 AM)

I leave mines on against AI, but in PBEM meeting engagement I play where mines can only be placed by engineers[8D]

Tequila -> RE: Mines! Minen! ?? (7/7/2004 6:57:32 PM)

I agree with VN2. In PBEM I prefer no prelaid mines but engineers laying mines is fine. The AI needs all the advantage it can get so I turn mines on in my campaigns. Hopefully the campaign/scenario designer doesn't go too crazy and lay 500 mines :) WB and Melvin/Richards do a great job with laying a minimal amount of mines but always in the least suspecting places. Enough to cause you to swear at them but not enough to totally devastate you.

plloyd -> RE: Mines! Minen! ?? (7/7/2004 7:29:26 PM)

Mines ON. Scenarios that have them, usually need them for balance.

Major Destruction -> RE: Mines! Minen! ?? (7/8/2004 3:22:50 AM)

Mines ON.

Even if you don't place mines, your opponent does not know that and will be careful. If you can force him off the roads, he may suffer more breakdowns in mud or rough hexes.

No prelaid mines in meeting or delay battles
Prelaid mines are acceptable in defend battles according to agreed upon parameters.

I rarely take time to remove mines. It is often quicker to go around them.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI