Sound patch? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support

lauter -> Sound patch? (7/7/2004 11:10:41 PM)

Anyone have an idea on when a patch for the sound issue is forthcoming? I'm one of those few that really need the sound effects to get totally into this game.

Thanks.

TheHellPatrol -> RE: Sound patch? (7/7/2004 11:29:27 PM)

Sound...that would be great. i've got 140 Watt Dolby Surround Sound system, it crashes sporadically but man...it reminds me when i saw Charleton Heston in Midway with surround sound and 3-D goggles[8D] way back when...[sm=00000613.gif]

lauter -> RE: Sound patch? (7/7/2004 11:37:15 PM)

I remember seeing that movie in the theater! Wasn't it in "Surround Sound" or something like that? How about the movie "Earthquake"? The 70's were all about disaster flicks!

TheHellPatrol -> RE: Sound patch? (7/7/2004 11:47:30 PM)

Yup, Earthquake as well...the good old days: Disaster and Horror flicks[sm=00000007.gif][:D]. And a "patch" was something on your clothes[8|].

Marc von Martial -> RE: Sound patch? (7/7/2004 11:54:47 PM)

Working on it like crazy.

Sonny -> RE: Sound patch? (7/8/2004 3:30:46 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marc Schwanebeck

Working on it like crazy.

We are thankful. [8D]

Cmdrcain -> RE: Sound patch? (7/8/2004 4:10:53 AM)

[:D][:D][:D]

I'm always amused where its a sound problem, I understand how it can be frusterating but to those like I who have lost most hearing, I often seem to play games where people complain about Sound bugs crashing while since I don't enable sound , I never get effected.

I wonder through why Matrix has no "no Sound" option, I suppose setting all to 0 level is that but a button in prefs to not play sound as in many games I use would be easier for such as I.

No CTD yet due to supposed sound problems but I have all sound levels at zero.

Oh BTW theres Perks to my sitution, like able sleep in day even if their jackhammer tearing up the road right outside [:'(][:'(]

tsimmonds -> RE: Sound patch? (7/8/2004 6:09:51 PM)

quote:

The 70's were all about disaster flicks!

The 70s was a disaster flick[;)]

rawink -> RE: Sound patch? (7/9/2004 11:41:35 AM)

question.. will the sound fix require a game restart? since game play shouldnt be affected.. will we still need to start our campaigns over?

I go on a weeks vacation tonight.. and was plannng on 24/7 witp for a week.. hate to get going good and have to start over

Banquet -> RE: Sound patch? (7/9/2004 7:08:44 PM)

Can anyone give a rough ETA on the patch? I read it was hoped for the end of the week. Is it likely to be released today?

I'd like to get some sound, and would also like to know if a re-start will be necessary as I'm planning to play solid WiTP this weekend.

cheers

Cap Mandrake -> RE: Sound patch? (7/9/2004 8:33:00 PM)

Does WITP have the barking guard dog thing on the intro screen like UV (if I'm not mistaken)? It must be good fidelity because every time it plays, my 2 labs run to the front window ready to tear the intruder to ribbons (of course they still wag their tails)

As a temporary measure...use your family members and cue them up when you change hexes. Its good for togetherness

Jungle: aWAAH..aWAAH...aWAAH....(pause).....woowoowoowoowooWOOOh (crescendo)...zzzzzzzzZZZZZzzzzzz (mosqutio sound with doppler effect)

Open Sea: aack....aack....aack...(descrescendo..departing gull)......wwooOOOSHHhhhh (wave)

Banquet -> RE: Sound patch? (7/9/2004 8:38:50 PM)

I've asked my girlfriend to try that but she gave me a funny look and said 'not tonight hon'

I'm not sure she understood the context in which she'd be making these noises [:D]

Sooo.. with that option apparently a non starter.. hows the sound patch coming? I'd happily beta test it!

Cap Mandrake -> RE: Sound patch? (7/9/2004 8:45:18 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Banquet

I've asked my girlfriend to try that but she gave me a funny look and said 'not tonight hon'

I'm not sure she understood the context in which she'd be making these noises [:D]

Sooo.. with that option apparently a non starter.. hows the sound patch coming? I'd happily beta test it!

LOL...yes, the Howler Monkey thing could be subject to misinterpretation.

TheHellPatrol -> RE: Sound patch? (7/9/2004 9:07:21 PM)

Looking for Witp to be released was a great time killer these last months...
Downloading, printing the manual and browsing the forum was a great time killer this last week...
Looking for the patch while reading the manual and tinkering with the scenarios between CTD's ( very seldom lately ) has been a great time killer these last days...
Actually playing the Campaign with patch will be a greater time killer these coming months/years...
Talk about bang for your buck[:D].

Grotius -> RE: Sound patch? (7/10/2004 1:03:35 AM)

I too am looking forward to the sound patch. I'd never played UV without the sound, and now that I don't have it in WiTP, I really miss it. (With respectful apologies to the poster whose hearing is impaired.)

bradfordkay -> RE: Sound patch? (7/10/2004 6:57:31 AM)

quote:

Does WITP have the barking guard dog thing on the intro screen like UV (if I'm not mistaken)? It must be good fidelity because every time it plays, my 2 labs run to the front window ready to tear the intruder to ribbons (of course they still wag their tails)

Yes, Cap, it does have the barking guard dogs. I'd guess that someone at 2by3 was a Hogan's Hero fan...

Your comment about your dogs reminds me of a mama cat I once had. When she was in heat and that baby cried in "The Wall", she'd run to all the windows because it sounded like her prince had arrived. A buddy of mine used to like to play it over and over to drive her nuts.

You guys are going to hate me. I have one of the Origins dics, but had to wait for the 772 patch to get anything. I first played the game at midnight last Saturday. Well, now that is taken care of, I tried my sound and it is working just fine. No crashes whatsoever. I could describe the sounds for you, but you'll be discovering them soon enough. [sm=terms.gif]

Cmdrcain -> RE: Sound patch? (7/11/2004 11:18:49 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grotius

I too am looking forward to the sound patch. I'd never played UV without the sound, and now that I don't have it in WiTP, I really miss it. (With respectful apologies to the poster whose hearing is impaired.)

No Apology needed, I remember sound still after 40 years without it
I'm just Amused when people complain... maybe I should apologize for that [:D]

I could get the sound effects by piping it through speakers at the Max and feeling the sounds but I think the Neighbors might decide theres a manic trashing the house and call the police [:'(][:'(]

I still wonder if any that had CTD due to sound have tried zeroing the sound in prefs instead of renaming the folder... I have had no CTD yet at all..(I am jinxed now I bet) with all at 0 or perhaps it affects only certain types of systems... hummm looking it up..

Abit IT7 max 2 motherboard supporting realtek alc650 (ac-link)

Plain normal Pc speaker since I don't use any sound really so no outlay for Fancy speakers..

So no apparent peoblems with Realtek

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI