Surprising FIBUA result (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center

Flyboy -> Surprising FIBUA result (7/8/2004 6:03:29 PM)

I just finished a PBEM USSR assault on Germany (I was the defender), April 1945 game. The random map produced a huge city area, with 2 interconnected 35-hex dense city grids, dead centre on a large map. I was the defender.

I instantly ran into a problem trying to resupply my unit mortars, and in bringing armor to bear on the attacker, who could move house to house. There weren't many streets I could advance on, having unwisely mined them all myself. I decided to bulldoze a couple of lanes through the houses.

I figured the best bulldozer would be a Panther, since it was the heaviest tank I had. Big mistake. It became immobilized after 2-3 houses. Then I tried a Stug. It worked slightly better, but only cleared a couple of houses a turn. Then I tried a Beob FO vehicle. Little sucker worked like a charm. It took down 4-5 houses a turn, and never, ever, got stuck.

Who would've thought that a light APC would make a better bulldozer than a heavy tank?

chief -> RE: Surprising FIBUA result (7/8/2004 9:25:09 PM)

Veeery Interesting mien Herr......

stevemk1a -> RE: Surprising FIBUA result (7/8/2004 10:05:59 PM)

I don't think the game differentiates between the size/weight of vehicles that can bring down a structure when calculating the chance for immobilization. Your FO vehicle was more 'lucky' than the unfortunate Stug and Panther! (or maybe the driver used to operate a bulldozer in peacetime [8D])

At one time, crashing a tank into a building was almost a guaranteed breakdown, and now the chances of immobilization (IMO) are too little. I also don't think that APC class vehicles should be able to demolish anything but the most flimsy of outhouses [:)]!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI