Bettys dropping torpedoes at 15000 feet?? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

sven6345789 -> Bettys dropping torpedoes at 15000 feet?? (7/8/2004 10:51:20 PM)

Tried scenario2 for a start.
Betty and Nells attacked allied TF's; in the combat report the air units were listed as bombing at 15000 ft.
Yet the few allied ships that got hit were hit by a torpedo.

I know the japanese torpedo weapon was good but....[:-]

Tanaka -> RE: Bettys dropping torpedoes at 15000 feet?? (7/8/2004 11:01:40 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sven6345789

Tried scenario2 for a start.
Betty and Nells attacked allied TF's; in the combat report the air units were listed as bombing at 15000 ft.
Yet the few allied ships that got hit were hit by a torpedo.

I know the japanese torpedo weapon was good but....[:-]

it doesnt matter what altitude you put them at they will always drop to 200 feet to launch torpedos

Nikademus -> RE: Bettys dropping torpedoes at 15000 feet?? (7/8/2004 11:02:47 PM)

did the combat report actually list the Nells as bombing from 15,000 feet?

was there the sound of torpedoes dropping, or bombs dropping?

thanks

vonmoltke -> RE: Bettys dropping torpedoes at 15000 feet?? (7/8/2004 11:13:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

did the combat report actually list the Nells as bombing from 15,000 feet?

was there the sound of torpedoes dropping, or bombs dropping?

thanks

I have seen this in combat reports before.

I was also confused, and still get confused, because weapons sounds do not always play correctly. Air dropped torpedos almost always fall to the sound of bombs; actually made me think my torp bombers were dropping bombs at first. Surfaced submarines sometimes fire torpedos with the sound of their deck guns. I have even heard torpedos hit with the sound of a gun shell or bomb.

Nikademus -> RE: Bettys dropping torpedoes at 15000 feet?? (7/8/2004 11:17:49 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: vonmoltke

I was also confused, and still get confused, because weapons sounds do not always play correctly. Air dropped torpedos almost always fall to the sound of bombs; actually made me think my torp bombers were dropping bombs at first. Surfaced submarines sometimes fire torpedos with the sound of their deck guns. I have even heard torpedos hit with the sound of a gun shell or bomb.

It would be helpful if you could record that if it happens again. Personally i havn't experienced a mess up in "sounds" save for it occasionally happening during the ASW phase (sometimes an airplane roaring sound will go instead of sub sounds)

However, i DID experience what you are describing once during the 2day AAR......a squadron of Swordfish and Vildebeasts were both listed as bombing from 15,000 feet.....were Ack Ack'd as if they were bombing from that height (as opposed to wave top level) and there was the sound of dropping bombs. Imagine my suprise when instead of a bomb hit, i saw a torpedo strike the Kongo!

Hasn't happened since though. If it's a bug its a dang elusive one [:@]

vonmoltke -> RE: Bettys dropping torpedoes at 15000 feet?? (7/8/2004 11:29:06 PM)

quote:

It would be helpful if you could record that if it happens again. Personally i havn't experienced a mess up in "sounds" save for it occasionally happening during the ASW phase (sometimes an airplane roaring sound will go instead of sub sounds).

That shouldn't be a problem, since it happens very regularly, especially the bomb sound instead of torpedos issue.

quote:

However, i DID experience what you are describing once during the 2day AAR......a squadron of Swordfish and Vildebeasts were both listed as bombing from 15,000 feet.....were Ack Ack'd as if they were bombing from that height (as opposed to wave top level) and there was the sound of dropping bombs. Imagine my suprise when instead of a bomb hit, i saw a torpedo strike the Kongo!

Hasn't happened since though. If it's a bug its a dang elusive one [:@]

Not elsuive for me. :) Happens virtually every time torpedo bombers attack with torpedos.

Something I just remembered, too. Sometimes with torpedo attacks I get missed bomb splashes.

Nikademus -> RE: Bettys dropping torpedoes at 15000 feet?? (7/8/2004 11:48:04 PM)

try and create a save of it the Turn before the combat replay if you can. then let me know via private message

thx

Germ29 -> RE: Bettys dropping torpedoes at 15000 feet?? (7/8/2004 11:52:36 PM)

[X(]You guys have sound?[X(] Whats that?

sven6345789 -> RE: Bettys dropping torpedoes at 15000 feet?? (7/9/2004 12:05:36 AM)

The Combat report listed them as bombing at 15000 ft.

The sound was the on of bombs dropping.

The ships got hit by torpedos

At shorter range, everything seems to be ok (200ft, sound and hits by torpedos)

Yes, it happened again.

Nikademus -> RE: Bettys dropping torpedoes at 15000 feet?? (7/9/2004 12:24:14 AM)

we need a repeatable save of a turn before it happens

thx

sven6345789 -> RE: Bettys dropping torpedoes at 15000 feet?? (7/9/2004 9:01:23 PM)

found the solution for the problem. Set your bettys and Nells to naval attack only. do not assign secondary targets. They really produce lots of artificial reefs that way.
I guess the problem has to do with the air units having a target assigned. The Computer somehow cannot cope with that.

The Game is getting better every day.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI