FOW for air losses, but what about intel screen? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support

Feinder -> FOW for air losses, but what about intel screen? (7/9/2004 9:48:27 PM)

There is -certainly- FOW in the combat reports for air losses, that's not what I'm talking about. But is there FOW for the intel screen the next day that lists the air losses? It actually looks fairly accurate tho (it would be easy enough to test). This was one of my pet-peeves in UV, the air loss reports the following day were unerringly accurate (you could confirm the loss of an enemy CV by the spike in air losses).

The air loss screen seems very accuate. Is there FOW to this screen? Anyone checked this? If not, I'll check it when I get home (just goofing at the office this afternoon).

-F-

Mr.Frag -> RE: FOW for air losses, but what about intel screen? (7/9/2004 10:14:49 PM)

quote:

There is -certainly- FOW in the combat reports for air losses, that's not what I'm talking about. But is there FOW for the intel screen the next day that lists the air losses? It actually looks fairly accurate tho (it would be easy enough to test). This was one of my pet-peeves in UV, the air loss reports the following day were unerringly accurate (you could confirm the loss of an enemy CV by the spike in air losses).

I personally wanted that info blocked so you only saw YOUR losses but the other testers shot me down [:'(]

Feel free to vent you spleen on them [:D]

My view is it pretty much defeats the purpose of FoW when you can look at those totals.

Nikademus -> RE: FOW for air losses, but what about intel screen? (7/9/2004 10:28:54 PM)

and not everyone agreed with Fwag. pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

(besides, all you need to do is divide the FOW results by 2 and most of the time you get pretty much what actually happened)

Feinder -> RE: FOW for air losses, but what about intel screen? (7/9/2004 10:37:34 PM)

Interesting. I thought for sure they'd have changed that from UV. So the destroyed aircraft report is still 100% accurate?

Oh well.
-F-

Tanaka -> RE: FOW for air losses, but what about intel screen? (7/9/2004 10:46:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr.Frag

quote:

I personally wanted that info blocked so you only saw YOUR losses but the other testers shot me down [:'(]

My view is it pretty much defeats the purpose of FoW when you can look at those totals.

never thought about this! good point! makes FOW useless!

MadDawg -> RE: FOW for air losses, but what about intel screen? (7/9/2004 11:08:47 PM)

My vote if for FOW too :-)

I wouldnt like them to go altogeather, as Im sure each side kept a running total based on a best guess, but some FOW on that total would sure be nice.

That being said though, Im not sure it makes a huge difference in a game of this scale. How will knowning if you killed 18 zeros yesterday going to help all that much you forum a new strategy for tomorrow?

Dawg

Nikademus -> RE: FOW for air losses, but what about intel screen? (7/9/2004 11:58:43 PM)

I personally like being able to see a accurate running score on how the men and weapons are doing....but not at the cost of having every TF be visible on the map

gunnergoz -> RE: FOW for air losses, but what about intel screen? (7/10/2004 12:41:37 AM)

To blazes with the Beta-testers, Matrix needs to listen to the customer base and fix this so FOW is in fact FOW. I really want to be put in the position of the wartime planners, having to deal with "soft" numbers and having to do my best guesswork on strategy and responses. Too much knowledge (at least against the AI) is too much power and makes the game that much less of a challenge.

The PBEM folks (I'm not one) might disagree, but I find them to be a much more competitive and cut-throat crowd, more interested in winning than in recreating a semblance of historical atmosphere and decision-making.

Apollo11 -> RE: FOW for air losses, but what about intel screen? (7/10/2004 10:26:43 AM)

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr.Frag

quote:

I agree completely with Raymond here!

The whole purpose of FoW is _NOT_ to know 100% accurately info about enemy and knowing _EXACT_ number of killed enemy aircraft / ships / troops defies this completely.

IMHO, if the FoW is ON then the Intel screen should report the kill numbers (of enemy aircraft / ships / troops) you get from "Combat Report" which are affected by FoW.

I think and firmly believe that this would not be too hard to implement and would greatly add to the game!!!

What do you think gentleman?

Leo "Apollo11"

Spooky -> RE: FOW for air losses, but what about intel screen? (7/12/2004 1:17:46 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: gunnergoz

To blazes with the Beta-testers, Matrix needs to listen to the customer base and fix this so FOW is in fact FOW. I really want to be put in the position of the wartime planners, having to deal with "soft" numbers and having to do my best guesswork on strategy and responses. Too much knowledge (at least against the AI) is too much power and makes the game that much less of a challenge.

The PBEM folks (I'm not one) might disagree, but I find them to be a much more competitive and cut-throat crowd, more interested in winning than in recreating a semblance of historical atmosphere and decision-making.

Well, the solution could be to get 2 FOW switches instead of only one:
- one for the combat screens (as it is now)
- one for the intelligence screen.

I use FOW "on" since I do not want to see my opponent's TF ... but I would be very angry if I lose all the stats provided by the intelligence screen - so in my case, FOW would be "on" for the combat screens and "off" for the intelligence screen

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI