True Update Question (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

John Galt -> True Update Question (7/11/2004 5:09:47 PM)

when attempting to use True Update, I get an error box that says SP was not properly installed on my system and cannot be updated at this time. Then I get an "update failed". contact Matrix for help. My installation was normal and typical, nothing unusual. This happening to anyone else?

Voriax -> RE: True Update Question (7/11/2004 6:59:42 PM)

8.01, right? I get the same message. Perhaps it appears as there is no update available.

Another question: Where is the true update in 8.2? Maybe I'm just dim but I can't seem so find it...

Voriax

KG Erwin -> RE: True Update Question (7/12/2004 2:52:36 AM)

I think this is something that needs to be worked on a bit more. Rather than receiving the "improper installation" message for version 8.2, you should get a message stating that "no updates are available at this time", or something similar.

Also, there is no patch for 8.01 to 8.2. You must either download the entire new game or get a CD copy from one of the various individuals who volunteered to do so.

John Galt -> RE: True Update Question (7/12/2004 3:11:39 AM)

My installation is 8.2. As I said, it went well, as advertised. Voriax, not sure I understand your question. I found the true update listed in program files, with all the other SP files.

Voriax -> RE: True Update Question (7/12/2004 5:21:56 AM)

John, just that while there is a true update in my 8.01 installation there is none in my 8.2 installation [&:]. I searched all spwaw 8.2 folders and no trueupdate.exe or .cli were found. Just wondering if there was a similar hassle like with the b and d versions of 8.0?

Voriax

John Galt -> RE: True Update Question (7/12/2004 11:26:14 AM)

Voriax, Thanks for explaining. My 8.0 installation is the one with the true update .exe file. 8.2 does not have it. [&:]

Resisti -> RE: True Update Question (7/12/2004 3:11:01 PM)

Strange, Yki.

I've the trueupdate file, and it is located in the main spwaw folder (for 8.2).
This is the "offical" download, so everybody should have it...

BTW, I'm receiving the same message as John Galt, when running the trueupdate program.

Voriax -> RE: True Update Question (7/12/2004 8:07:28 PM)

Resisti, dunno what happened but I downloaded from one of the gamershell mirrors...I actually downloaded it again a while ago and got same size file as before...so dunno why the trueupdate is missing. Oh well, guess I can copy it over from 8.01?

Voriax

Schnee0 -> RE: True Update Question (7/12/2004 10:08:28 PM)

Hrm... I also have the GamersHell download for 8.2 and it came with no True Update program. Is it possible for someone to host the program and its related files for people like me that are missing it so we don't have to download 429megs again? Resisti where did you download yours from?

cadmus -> RE: True Update Question (7/13/2004 5:16:36 AM)

Hmmmm, indeed! I, too, used the GamersHell to download 8.2 and there is no True Update file. So, it's not an isolated problem for a few individuals. It's a systematic thing. Second Schnee0's call for a way to download just that file.

cadmus -> RE: True Update Question (7/13/2004 5:23:57 AM)

Hah! I just found the true update files in my 8.0 download. Does anybody know if they'll work if you just copy them over into the 8.2 folder?

If so, Schee0, I'd be happy to send you copies of my files if you still don't have them.

Major Destruction -> RE: True Update Question (7/13/2004 6:47:42 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: John Galt

when attempting to use True Update, I get an error box that says SP was not properly installed on my system and cannot be updated at this time. Then I get an "update failed". contact Matrix for help. My installation was normal and typical, nothing unusual. This happening to anyone else?

Me too

Dazooz2 -> RE: True Update Question (7/13/2004 3:40:06 PM)

I'm missing the true update as well!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI