RE: Any penalty to a CENPAC ground unit at a SOPAC Base Hex? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

Titanwarrior89 -> RE: Any penalty to a CENPAC ground unit at a SOPAC Base Hex? (7/15/2004 3:48:15 AM)

I was wondering why all these "little units" were popping up. Thought I shipped them all. Now I see why. Thanks Mr. Frag[:'(]

Cmdrcain -> RE: Any penalty to a CENPAC ground unit at a SOPAC Base Hex? (7/15/2004 7:29:56 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr.Frag

I keep going into this so here is an example:

UNIT X belongs to SOPAC. It takes losses great enough to need replacements.

UNIT X is at BASE Y

BASE Y happens to belong to SWPAC, not SOPAC.

BASE Y radios up SWPAC and requests replacements for UNIT X.

SWPAC is at BASE Z

BASE Z is checked for supplies. (it has enough)

If BASE Z happens to be in range of BASE Y, the parts go there directly.

If BASE Z is NOT in range of BASE Y, UNIT X/1 is formed at BASE Z and you now need to transport UNIT X/1 to UNIT X.

If you have never seen a sub unit formed, it is simply because you have always been in range of the BASE that the Command HQ is at.

This applies equally to Air units and Ground units.

The one *extra* rule that comes into play with Air units is that you can not UPGRADE an Air unit that is outside the range of the HQ.

As you can see, the fact that UNIT X reports to SOPAC does not enter into the discussion anywhere.

If The base where sub unit replacements appears is in auto convoy and the Far away unit the replacements are for is in a base in the auto convoy, I'd think then the Sub Units would simply be picked up by Auto convoy and moved there, taking more time then those replacements directly going into units within range of their HQ it seems to me..

Mr.Frag -> RE: Any penalty to a CENPAC ground unit at a SOPAC Base Hex? (7/15/2004 3:19:10 PM)

quote:

If The base where sub unit replacements appears is in auto convoy and the Far away unit the replacements are for is in a base in the auto convoy, I'd think then the Sub Units would simply be picked up by Auto convoy and moved there, taking more time then those replacements directly going into units within range of their HQ it seems to me..

Auto-Convoy will not touch troops. Supplies and Fuel only.

barbarrossa -> RE: Any penalty to a CENPAC ground unit at a SOPAC Base Hex? (7/15/2004 3:20:57 PM)

quote:

Auto-Convoy will not touch troops. Supplies and Fuel only.

Auto-convoy is for wooses[:D]

Captain Cruft -> RE: Any penalty to a CENPAC ground unit at a SOPAC Base Hex? (7/15/2004 3:36:07 PM)

My advice, based on a whole week of WitP experience, is don't get stressed. The replacements will never be lost, they will either automatically get plugged into the unit or appear at some other base. You get told when this happens via a message in the "console" box.

Simple huh? I'm allowing myself a few months playing experience before I attempt to pro-actively anticipate every single thing. The slow pace of the game gives you a lot of leeway ...

Just my 0.2 pence.

vonmoltke -> RE: Any penalty to a CENPAC ground unit at a SOPAC Base Hex? (7/15/2004 3:56:12 PM)

As a slight tangent, what is the point of assigning a base to a specific HQ?

FirstPappy -> RE: Any penalty to a CENPAC ground unit at a SOPAC Base Hex? (7/15/2004 4:34:02 PM)

The only benefit I can see is if you want replacement air units to directly appear with a parent unit, and that parent unit is located at a base that has less than 20K supplies, you should make sure the base is assigned a Command HQ that is already located on a base that will always have at least 20K supplies.

Badbonez -> RE: Any penalty to a CENPAC ground unit at a SOPAC Base Hex? (7/15/2004 5:43:29 PM)

On page 197 of the manual there is a formula for determining if a unit is within supply range of a base. But what is the range of the HQ units when in the above example Mr. Frag says "if Base Z happens to be in range of Base Y?"

At what rate are units replaced (ssuming that the base has the required supplies and is in HQ range)? I guess that would be hard to answer because it depends on what's needed? But a general answer "fast," "slow," etc. would suffice. I'm just trying to determine if a nearly decimated unit should be pulled away from the front to recover or if it will get replacements in time to continue the fight.

Thanks.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI