Just bought and downloading now (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

MythicalMino -> Just bought and downloading now (7/14/2004 12:19:48 AM)

Well, after being on the fence for a week about whether to get this or not....i decided to go on and shell out the 70 bucks....wow....expensive....but, i think i will enjoy it!!

Titanwarrior89 -> RE: Just bought and downloading now (7/14/2004 12:24:25 AM)

I think you will, its a work of "ART". Good luck!
quote:

ORIGINAL: MythicalMino

Well, after being on the fence for a week about whether to get this or not....i decided to go on and shell out the 70 bucks....wow....expensive....but, i think i will enjoy it!!

Banquet -> RE: Just bought and downloading now (7/14/2004 12:41:19 AM)

I've had it 10 days now and am still trying to get to grips with it's nuances and subtleties (read as, I don't know what I'm doing yet! [:D])

I've bought other games that I've been bored within and stopped playing in that time! The more I play WiTP, the more I understand it, the more I love it. It's a challenging, deep and thoughtful slowburner.

There are a few problems coming to light, but that's only to be expected for a game of this magnitude. Hopefully patches will sort them out.

Good luck with the game.. I hope you enjoy it [:)]

kaleun -> RE: Just bought and downloading now (7/14/2004 1:20:11 AM)

Congrats!
I got it on the first day, and've been obsessing ever since.
Kind of like a drug.
Need fix. Need fix. Need fix.
Wife is getting upset about this[:(]

IanLister -> RE: Just bought and downloading now (7/14/2004 1:28:43 AM)

I bought it the first day too.....I can't remember whether I have a wife or not!!!!![&:]

Tanaka -> RE: Just bought and downloading now (7/14/2004 1:29:09 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Banquet

I've had it 10 days now and am still trying to get to grips with it's nuances and subtleties (read as, I don't know what I'm doing yet! [:D])

I've bought other games that I've been bored within and stopped playing in that time! The more I play WiTP, the more I understand it, the more I love it. It's a challenging, deep and thoughtful slowburner.

There are a few problems coming to light, but that's only to be expected for a game of this magnitude. Hopefully patches will sort them out.

Good luck with the game.. I hope you enjoy it [:)]

very beautiful banner [:)]

John B -> RE: Just bought and downloading now (7/14/2004 1:45:35 AM)

Yes, after over a week of playing, I rate it the best game I've ever played. There are niggles, of course, and things which could, and probably will, be put right, but they are minor blemishes overall on what is a superb game. One thing I'm enjoying are the sudden twists of fortune. Early March'42 in my game, and I'd just been gloating over the bloody nose a Jap task force had got from CDs and PT boats in the Dutch Indies (one CA sunk, one BB limping off with a torp in her). Seemed like Yamamoto might be optimistic with his dream of a six-month rampage.... Then I send a CV task force on what should have been (I thought) a routine strike at Kwajalein. All going well... Wildcats taking losses but bring down all but two of a Betty counterstrike. Then one of them gets a torp into "Saratoga" followed by a Major Ammunition Explosion. With over 30% flooding, and 17% fire, will she make it back to Pearl, or is one of my five CVs going to the bottom three months into the war?

Once you start playing this game, it grips you like a vice...[:'(]

Bodhi -> RE: Just bought and downloading now (7/14/2004 3:19:53 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: IanLister

I bought it the first day too.....I can't remember whether I have a wife or not!!!!![&:]

Same here, bought it first day. Thanks for the reminder ... better go and check that the wife's still here. [;)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI