scenario from ambush game (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Scenarios/Campaigns

dblewis -> scenario from ambush game (7/14/2004 7:46:51 PM)

I was elated to see spwaw relaesed! I have been mulling over the idea of converting the original steel panthers to play scenarios form the old Ambush solitaire game from Victory games but didn't feel like going to the trouble of dusting off my old computer that still had DOS. Now with this release I have begun work on the maps.

Am I reinventing the wheel? Has anyone else taken this on?

RockinHarry -> RE: scenario from ambush game (7/14/2004 10:40:45 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: dblewis

I was elated to see spwaw relaesed! I have been mulling over the idea of converting the original steel panthers to play scenarios form the old Ambush solitaire game from Victory games but didn't feel like going to the trouble of dusting off my old computer that still had DOS. Now with this release I have begun work on the maps.

Am I reinventing the wheel? Has anyone else taken this on?

Was the ambush game squad based or single man based? Canīt remember.[&:] Many people convert Squad leader scenarios to SPWAW and it generally works if you adapt those game features that are unique to each game!

Good luck on conversion! Let us know on your progress.[:)]

plloyd -> RE: scenario from ambush game (7/16/2004 1:51:12 AM)

Won't that be a rather brittle game? One squad, perhaps a tank or 2, vs. 1, or 2, dispersed squads and thier support. I think Squad Sssault would be a better choice for reconstructing Ambush.

dblewis -> RE: scenario from ambush game (7/29/2004 12:08:01 AM)

Ambush was a board game in which you controled a squad on 8 U.S. soldiers as they advanced through France in 1944. The conversion would mean that yes, you would only control eight single man units, each with their own range and rate of fire depeneding on how they were armed. I'm not familliar with "squad Assault". Is it moddable?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI