Is there a way to edit MCs? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW

plloyd -> Is there a way to edit MCs? (7/17/2004 12:52:02 AM)

I am rather late on this, but there are a couple of querky units in Desert Fox. One is that Grants and 17lbrs popped up. The other is that there is this Stuart Mk1 which has a main armament of twin 50cals. I am guessing that this is because DF was written for v5 and the OOBs have probably shifted since then.

Wild Bill -> RE: Is there a way to edit MCs? (7/29/2004 12:01:40 AM)

Do you have the MC-DF Patch. I think that will resolve the problem.

Yes, the scenarios in Mega Campaigns can be edited. In my Mega Campaigns the scenarios are listed in the MC folder as ScenXXX.dat.

You would have to figure out which scenario is the one you want to edit. If you remember the title of the scenario with this problem (though I believe the patch fixes this), I can tell you which one it is.

Actually, the continual changing OOBs will be a problem do a lesser or larger degree in all of the MCs, except Screaming Eagles.

There are patches for them all. Downloading them and putting the files in the appropriate MC folder should resolve all of this.

Wild Bill

Kokoda -> RE: Is there a way to edit MCs? (8/6/2004 6:14:31 AM)

I didn't know there were downloads to deal with the most recent OOB changes. I recall DLing patches when I first got Desert Fox and other MC, but do these resolve 'new' OOB incompatibililty introduced in V8?

Does anyone know where these ptches can be found? I persuaded a friend that this game was the one he should get, but he is not complimentary about buying the new full package and finding OOB problems.

If I could send him the address of the patches we'll have a new recruit. If not, I'll probably get the CD sent to me and he'll not play again.

Actively recruiting...

Procrustes -> RE: Is there a way to edit MCs? (8/6/2004 6:00:14 PM)

Hi Kokoda,

I'm afraid that the patches that will fix the v8.2 OOB problems with the older megacamps haven't been made available. In fact, Wild Bill's post above was the first that I've seen that mentions such a thing. (Thanks, WB! Good news!)

Unfortunately, I think that this means your friend will be dissappointed. I would also be hesitant about any ETA's you get on such patches - such things tend to get delayed. Perhaps your friend would be willing to start with just the Screaming Eagles MC - it's the most recent, is very well done, and has far fewer of these issues than the older MC's. I think it should keep him entertained for some time. (Desert Fox is the oldest - has the most compatibility issues w/ v8.x. Watchtower is the penultimate and my favorite, though I'm still using v7.x to play it.)

Hope that someone will correct me if any of this is wrong. Best wishes,

P.

plloyd -> RE: Is there a way to edit MCs? (8/6/2004 6:33:20 PM)

Actually, I have been able to get into the scenarios to edit them. I just started a couple of days ago and haven't had much time. I can use the Chlanda edit directly, or I can fake the .cmt and use the game editor. All I was really interested in doing was to give the Honeys 37mm guns, change the April '41 Grants, and certain other similar problems. I will you and WB know what I end up with.

SAMWolf -> RE: Is there a way to edit MCs? (10/25/2005 1:11:10 AM)

quote:

Actually, I have been able to get into the scenarios to edit them. I just started a couple of days ago and haven't had much time. I can use the Chlanda edit directly, or I can fake the .cmt and use the game editor. All I was really interested in doing was to give the Honeys 37mm guns, change the April '41 Grants, and certain other similar problems. I will you and WB know what I end up with.

Did you finally get those Stuarts edited? Those twin 50's just drive me nuts, it just seems so wrong. I'd be interested in knowing how you edited them and what scenario's used the Stuarts.

RUPD3658 -> RE: Is there a way to edit MCs? (10/26/2005 7:08:57 AM)

Just wait until you see the Uber T-26s in MCLV. Armor ratings in the 70s but only a 45mm main gun.

Plus, just for fun they use the icon of a T-34. [X(]

Alby -> RE: Is there a way to edit MCs? (10/27/2005 3:05:53 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wild Bill

Do you have the MC-DF Patch. I think that will resolve the problem.

Yes, the scenarios in Mega Campaigns can be edited. In my Mega Campaigns the scenarios are listed in the MC folder as ScenXXX.dat.

You would have to figure out which scenario is the one you want to edit. If you remember the title of the scenario with this problem (though I believe the patch fixes this), I can tell you which one it is.

Actually, the continual changing OOBs will be a problem do a lesser or larger degree in all of the MCs, except Screaming Eagles.

There are patches for them all. Downloading them and putting the files in the appropriate MC folder should resolve all of this.

Wild Bill

there is a desert fox patch??
I did not know that....and I cant find it....help!!! [:)]

SINCE posting this I have got it
thanks to chief...[:)]

plloyd -> RE: Is there a way to edit MCs? (10/31/2005 9:21:00 PM)

Actually I have have had very little time to edit scenarios, or even play the the game, for several months. Everytime I try to get back to it, something pulls me away.

I can tell you though, what became of the Apr '41 Grants. They became Crusier Mk IIs. Both troops being converted to 3 standard tanks and 1 CS version.

chief -> RE: Is there a way to edit MCs? (11/1/2005 8:05:33 AM)

Alby:

Your welcome.[:D]

I would have posted it here, but they made it so hard to add attachments, that I gave up.[&:]

I use MC-DF on version 8.3, unmodded, and it works real good, for anyones info.[:)]

I also suspect it'll work ok on 8.4, unmoded, (sans depot mods), no insult intended Alby. Guess I'll have to test it that way some day.[:-]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI