RAF Hurricane groups turning into Mohawk IVs on Arrival? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

JohnK -> RAF Hurricane groups turning into Mohawk IVs on Arrival? (7/18/2004 5:08:54 AM)

Not sure if this is a "bug or a feature."

I've had the first two RAF Hurricane II groups show up (at Dacca and Colombo) in December...232 Squadron and 258 Squadron.

Both were listed as Hurricane II groups in the upcoming aircraft reinforcements on the intel screen right up to the day before each arrived (I have all the saves) and looking at the scenario editor, both are in fact listed as Hurricane II groups...

But both arrived as Mohawk IV groups..neither has Hurricane IIs listed as an upgrade aircraft either.

What the heck happened?

You don't need to have planes in the pool for a reinforcement group now do you? Don't they come with their own planes? Why did it pick the Mohawk IV (the two real-life Mohawk IV groups, 5 and 155 Squadrons, are correctly listed and have yet to arrive in the game.)

pry -> RE: RAF Hurricane groups turning into Mohawk IVs on Arrival? (7/18/2004 5:21:11 AM)

What the heck happened? Good question!

Hopefully the save from the day before they arrived will shed light on this, If you could email the save to me at

pry-witp@houston.rr.com

Thanks

JohnK -> RE: RAF Hurricane groups turning into Mohawk IVs on Arrival? (7/18/2004 5:34:21 AM)

Save sent...

Thanks for the help. Guess it's a bug, not a feature. :-)

Tophat -> RE: RAF Hurricane groups turning into Mohawk IVs on Arrival? (7/18/2004 6:21:55 AM)

Hmmmn,
My Hurricanes are due to arrive soon as well.........I'll let you know what happens! Wish i was lucky enough to get them in Dec........but its January for me and i need them!

JohnK -> RE: RAF Hurricane groups turning into Mohawk IVs on Arrival? (7/18/2004 7:18:38 AM)

I'm playing with +/- 60 day reinforcements...

Hadn't actually checked when they were supposed to arrive...maybe this affects everyone but people haven't gotten far enough in the game yet?

Rob Brennan UK -> RE: RAF Hurricane groups turning into Mohawk IVs on Arrival? (7/18/2004 5:07:52 PM)

Playing allies now in late feb and no probs with hurricane groups at all ( scenario 15 ) had a few issues with replacements arricing in columbo but that seems fixed sinced i moved the uk hq into calcutta, 9 hex range thingy rule i guess.

Good luck on getting your probem sorted those hurricanes are a real necessity

rogueusmc -> RE: RAF Hurricane groups turning into Mohawk IVs on Arrival? (7/19/2004 6:57:03 AM)

I know that disbanded or withdrawn A/C groups draw from the pool at replacement time....the new groups don't?

Tophat -> RE: RAF Hurricane groups turning into Mohawk IVs on Arrival? (7/19/2004 8:19:20 AM)

just had a RAAF sqd upgrade to Hurricane II's...........its Jan 8th.....The timing was poor for my purposes as i needed those boys to fly cover for my surface forces in Java.

2Stepper -> RE: RAF Hurricane groups turning into Mohawk IVs on Arrival? (7/19/2004 12:51:38 PM)

Might be an idea to make it a requirement of sorts to list the scenario being played... I can't for the life of me think of why this would happen. Busy playing the big campaign myself and had no such problem. [&:] Puzzling

JohnK -> RE: RAF Hurricane groups turning into Mohawk IVs on Arrival? (7/19/2004 11:10:42 PM)

I'm playing the "first year" one (Dec. 7 41 to Dec. 31 42). Forget the #, it's 9 I believe.

Montbrun -> RE: RAF Hurricane groups turning into Mohawk IVs on Arrival? (7/20/2004 5:06:35 AM)

Just had the 457 RAAF arrive with Spit Vs - next turn they were equipped with Hurricane IIs, and the upgrade is to Spit VIIIs......6/18/42, Scenaorio 15

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI