LSD has me confused (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

infinitejest -> LSD has me confused (7/18/2004 7:01:28 PM)

Okay, so I know it's a Landing Ship Dock, but can anyone tell me what they're used for? Are they just another landing craft that can carry troops and supplies or do they actually somehow help other transports unload faster?

tanjman -> RE: LSD has me confused (7/18/2004 7:20:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: infinitejest

Okay, so I know it's a Landing Ship Dock, but can anyone tell me what they're used for? Are they just another landing craft that can carry troops and supplies or do they actually somehow help other transports unload faster?

infinitejest,

There are certain bonuses when using amphibious ships to unlaod troops on a hostile beach, ie less disruption, etc... Section 6.1.19 (Loading and Unloading Transports) of the manual goes into alot of detail on this.

Platoonist -> RE: LSD has me confused (7/18/2004 7:36:00 PM)

And beware of Captain Timothy Leary. He's been on that LSD wwaaayyyy too long. [:D]

infinitejest -> RE: LSD has me confused (7/18/2004 7:40:12 PM)

Ah, many thanks tanjman. So it appears the LSD really is just one type of landing craft. The "dock" in its name and my ignorance had me thinking it might have other bonuses when compared to LSTs or LSVs.

Nomad -> RE: LSD has me confused (7/18/2004 7:42:49 PM)

It has no better bonus versus LST or LSV but it does have a better bonus that any other ship when making an Amphipus Assault. Every bit helps.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI