Realism options getting thrown back to off in pbem games (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support

Antonius -> Realism options getting thrown back to off in pbem games (7/19/2004 10:58:06 PM)

I have been trying during the last two days to start a pbem game both against a real opponent and against myself (before and after patching) as a test and each time all realism options selected when starting the game are stubbornly set back to "off" once turn 1 starts.

I know this has been mentioned as a side topic in other threads and I remember someone said it had occurred to him but he had finally been able to overcome it. The question is: how ???

Mr.Frag -> RE: Realism options getting thrown back to off in pbem games (7/19/2004 11:01:22 PM)

Exit completely after ending turn ... The patch in the works fixes this issue.

Antonius -> RE: Realism options getting thrown back to off in pbem games (7/19/2004 11:46:49 PM)

Thanks for the quick reply

I have tried your advice in test against myself:
1) jap player is asked to submit a passwrod, enters password, saves and goes back to main menu and quits the game
2) us player opens the file, is asked to submit a password, saves, goes back to main menu and quits the game
3) jap player opens the save, briefly sees the map with the message 'disbanding human controlled TFs' then is asked to save the game, does it, goes back to main menu and quits the game
4) us player opens the file, is asked to submit a password... in fact is thrown back to step 2) and this repeats indefinitely (well, maybe it stops after 10 tries but I got tired after a couple of loops [;)])

In short, it didn't work for me [sm=Christo_pull_hair.gif]

Antonius -> RE: Realism options getting thrown back to off in pbem games (7/20/2004 2:32:49 AM)

I finally found out that pbem games work provided each turn each players checks and corrects realism options and resets the turn cycle to 1.

Oddly enough FOW seems immune to the bug (stays on if the game was started with it) but advance weather is affected. There's no way for me tell what happens to US damage control and Jap sub doctrine.

Caltone -> RE: Realism options getting thrown back to off in pbem games (7/20/2004 4:18:10 AM)

In addition to resetting the realism options, the kicker is it resets the turn cycle to "0" which is not available [sm=dizzy.gif]

Make sure you reset this back to 1 day or whatever you're using otherwise the turn will never play.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI