MCLV & V7.0 some more questions (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Tom Terror -> MCLV & V7.0 some more questions (1/15/2002 5:38:00 PM)

While enormously enjoying playing Lost Victories I'm a little confused by the fact that all auxiliarie unit's leaders are named like me (that is like the A0 unit.) Somebody else experienced that too? And more important, does anybody know how to change that other than renaming every single officer (after each scenario the names are again replaced by the A0 unit leader name anyway)? And now something different:
Some time ago I had a question about placing destroyed or non-combatant vehicles and aircrafts on self-designed maps. Someone answered that it was a bit difficult to do and I should wait for V7.0 because there are going to be special options for that. Please forgive me I forgot who provided the information. Anyhow, now that i have V7.0 I didn't found out how to do.
Please, can someone give me a hint? Thanks a lot
TomT

RockinHarry -> (1/15/2002 10:41:00 PM)

quote:

Originally posted by Tom Terror:
While enormously enjoying playing Lost Victories I'm a little confused by the fact that all auxiliarie unit's leaders are named like me (that is like the A0 unit.) Somebody else experienced that too? And more important, does anybody know how to change that other than renaming every single officer (after each scenario the names are again replaced by the A0 unit leader name anyway)? And now something different:
Some time ago I had a question about placing destroyed or non-combatant vehicles and aircrafts on self-designed maps. Someone answered that it was a bit difficult to do and I should wait for V7.0 because there are going to be special options for that. Please forgive me I forgot who provided the information. Anyhow, now that i have V7.0 I didn't found out how to do.
Please, can someone give me a hint? Thanks a lot
TomT

Hi Tom, donīt know about the problem with leader names but can help with the destroyed unit icons. Usually you can have destroyed vehicles (not aircraft)of any kind on your map by "U-key" -terminating them. Do this as very last step in your scenario design! (..thereīs a trick to also get destroyed aircraft on the map this way, but as it might cause a crash of the game, I donīt mention it here) You own MCLV? Then you should find some usable extra vehicle icons in Ter086.z4.shp files. You can accesst them with the "a" key in Steel Panthers own map editor. Icons numbered from 100 onward show some russian and also german vehicles, although they are few. After hitting "a" key (custom user terrain) you have to use "SHIFT-1" key combination to choose a particular icon.
If you have some experience with Fred Chlandas Shape Editor, you also can browse the Ter086.shp file with "show collage" button to get an overview of what icons are available. Have more questions or need a particuar icon, mail me directly! _________
Harry

Tom Terror -> (1/15/2002 10:53:00 PM)

Harry, thanks for the info.
My map design abilities are still very low but I will definitely come back to you with my skills increasing.
Ah, one more question:
What do you mean by particular item. Are you doing them by yourself per request? Thanks
TomT

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI