Eye in the sky (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

tracer -> Eye in the sky (1/15/2002 11:02:00 PM)

Has anyone else seen this?: I was play-testing a scenario for someone; Finland (player one, AI control, delay) vs Soviets (player 2, human control, advance), 1943, visibility 24. At the end of turn-4 a Finnish plane attacked and destroyed one of my vehicles, then its egress path took it over the large town where most of the fighting was taking place. After it passed over my arty started landing on the town and I realized I could now see *all* the Finnish units ; there was absolutely no LOS between my Soviet units and most of these now-visible Finnish units. The AI ran its turn (no action), then more of my arty landed on the town, but now the Finnish units were once again hidden. Unfortunately, the battle was ruined since I saw and remembered the locations of several Finnish units. Any ideas what caused this?

lnp4668 -> (1/16/2002 12:11:00 AM)

Very old bugs.

Grimm -> (1/16/2002 5:32:00 AM)

Yes, I've seen this in PBEM games. My aircraft overfly the enemy and the map is from the enemy's perspective - i.e. all his units show and only my spotted units show. It only seemed to occur sporadically.

Rover -> (1/16/2002 5:39:00 AM)

I've found this only when player #2 is human. Never seen it happen when I'm player #1.

tracer -> (1/16/2002 5:40:00 AM)

Didn't realize it was old news. Seems like a pretty big problem to sweep under the rug.

tracer -> (1/16/2002 5:42:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by Rover:
I've found this only when player #2 is human. Never seen it happen when I'm player #1.
I mentioned that point to the scenario designer; had a feeling it was relevant.

Warrior -> (1/16/2002 8:15:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by tracer:
Didn't realize it was old news. Seems like a pretty big problem to sweep under the rug.

Nothing was "swept under the rug." If there was a fix, it would have been fixed. Just be happy that your planes have radios and report all troop concentrations they see.

tracer -> (1/16/2002 12:19:00 PM)

quote:

Originally posted by Warrior:

Nothing was "swept under the rug." If there was a fix, it would have been fixed. Just be happy that your planes have radios and report all troop concentrations they see.

Hell, I'm even happier: the *enemy's* planes are reporting to me

Jacc -> (1/16/2002 6:13:00 PM)

Happens really often - and it sucks. Just guess how many times my Ju-88s or B-17s have wreaked havoc in enemy positions after their airplane strafes. Also, if you play a scenario designed for player 1, and you are player 2, you can see enemy units in the first turn.

Warrior -> (1/16/2002 8:31:00 PM)

quote:

Originally posted by tracer:
Hell, I'm even happier: the *enemy's* planes are reporting to me
Ah, the joy of radio intercepts.

tracer -> (1/17/2002 1:18:00 AM)

I had another problem involving sighting enemy units that maybe someone has an answer to; though I think this one is a screw-up on my part. I was setting up a beach assault PBEM battle, and like I normally do I manually set the VIS to about 20. I wanted the attacker to have air sections so I also manually increased their number and (per Paul Vebber's suggestion) set the weather to '1'. When I got the files back from my opponent his start line was where I expected it, about 20 hexes away, but the VIS was now *49*...I could see all his landing craft. Assuming I didn't incorrectly type in the VIS, could changing the weather setting to '1' (clear) over ride it?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI