Operation Watchtower: Node 15 09C & 16 10A (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

ejengstrom -> Operation Watchtower: Node 15 09C & 16 10A (1/17/2002 12:56:00 AM)

Hi Folks, I've been playing Operation Watchtower and reading Leckie's Marines vs. Japan. I was thrilled to be offered a supply-busting depot raid on the outskirts of Tasimboko (Node 15, Battle 09C by Wild Bill Wilder) instead of defending Henderson. (September 2nd) After (another - yay!) decisive victory I chose to participate in the 2nd Raider's beach landings on September 10. It looks to me like these are two different gaming perspectives of the same objective. (Node 16, Battle 10A) I am a little confused as I don't recall reading about two raids on the same objective. Please assist, so I can set my confusion aside.

Wild Bill -> (1/17/2002 1:46:00 PM)

Okay Erik, Let's clear this up for you. I see you like "raids." Here is the text from 15C and 16A. Notice that the dates, times and locations are different. The scenarios are different too. I just checked. So two raids in succession but because you chose the first one. Next time try the one for Henderson. You'll love seeing fighters on the airstrip. Anyway, there is another battle for Henderson further down the line, I believe. Here are the text files so you can compare. I can't put up screen shots to show you that they are different. Here you'll have to take my word for it. Text For Node 15C - August 29th, 1400 hrs (The Natives are Restless) We've gotten word of new Japanese supplies landing by night near Taivu Point. You are take the men you need to the area at once and destroy them. At this point I can't tell you how well guarded they are. I guess you will be telling me later. One more thing, Colonel. There is a native village in the vicinity. Now while most of the inhabitants of this god-forsaken island have been helpful, we don't know about these. Use caution. If they appear friendly, you might use them to your advantage. If not, treat them as the enemy. You'll need to get in there and get out quickly. If the enemy is there in strength, you could find yourself dealing with more than you anticipated. Report to me once your mission is complete. Good luck! ----------------------
Text for Node 16A - September 10th, 2000 hrs (Tasimboko Raid) We have a special mission for you and some of your men, Colonel. The 1st Raider Battalion is conducting a night raid on Tasimboko from the sea. Large amounts of enemy supplies have been cached there and we must destroy them. Doing so could definitely slow down any planned enemy offensives against Henderson Field. It is only a matter of time till they hit us, but taking out these supplies could definitely slow them down. You know, those Raiders are a tough bunch, but from what I have seen your men are just as good. Prove me right, Colonel.
-----------------------------
Wild Bill

Wild Bill -> (1/18/2002 11:23:00 AM)

Bump

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI